SymX officially on gigantour??!?!?!?

It seems to me that more people would have agreed to this if Symphony of Dreams hadn't called Symphony X stupid, and generally sounded very angry. In general when someone presents a very firm opinion that appears to be against what you believe in or like, it is an almost instantanious reaction to disagree with that person, and it seems that's what happended here.

There are probably other factors that the band isn't telling us, but you could at least say that Symphony of Dreams has a point, and it probably would have helped SyX in some way. But since the band doesn't read this board they're not going to hear what we're saying. If someone sends an email, we already know that MJR doesn't get to his email very much so it will be a while before he reads it.

Just thought you guys might want to stop bickering, since you both seem to want to be on SyX's side, but you have different ideas of what they need. They seem to have it under control.

Well the way I am seeing it...

Romeo has kinda had some minor setbacks with Russel's recording and possibly Pinella's. He probably is ready to start recording and not worrying about touring. Although I respect there decision I think it would be a good door opener from them. Alot of my college guys get into DT and that is really all they know of for a while, until they startd discovering the other members in the side projects and there bands. My cousin had a friend...he was actually the one that introduced me to DT a little bit after Falling into Infinity came out. About a year ago he finally heard SymphX. In Houston the promoter don't know DT has a good following over here. The last 2 times they came were for the DT/Satch and DT/QR shows. Alot of poeple just left after DT and both shows sold out if I am sure..I can't remember. DT knows this too because they have alot of friends here who have known them since before I&W...Kings X, Galactic Cowboys and Rusty Cooley has kinda become friends with Petrucci.

I actually think if they come here alot of the DT fans will but the majority once they go on sale..considering they have the largest dedicated fan base out of all the bands there. SymphX would take to these guys very well :headbang:

MC Pee pants said:
There are probably other factors that the band isn't telling us, but you could at least say that Symphony of Dreams has a point, and it probably would have helped SyX in some way. But since the band doesn't read this board they're not going to hear what we're saying. If someone sends an email, we already know that MJR doesn't get to his email very much so it will be a while before he reads it.

Just because they don't post doesn't mean they don't read here..might be something people should be mindful of before they post. And MJR is kept informed of what goes on here; he may not read his mail often, but we talk on the phone regularly & I let him know what's going on.

I agree that it could've been excellent exposure for the band; MJR's not stupid, he and the rest of the band ARE aware of this without ya'll repeating it ad nauseum. Coming here & insulting the band & everyone associated with them because they aren't doing what ya'll think they should isn't going to make them change their minds, though.

That said, I'm going to end my participation in this thread, as I'm sick to death of this topic.

Totally agreed...if anything, I think an attitude like what I've seen here would quite justifiably put them off.

Dear SyX,

Make your music, I'll buy the CD. Just don't get all EMO on me like all of my other bands seem to keep doing. You guys rule!

Scott from Las Vegas