Official Gigantour Announcement/Discussion (updated 7/18)

Thorngren said:
i just saw the Gigantour in Sacto..... awesome show.

i wrote up a big review loaded with pics if you care to check it out

http://ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203596

go there for the review and pictures

Nice Job! Thanks so much! We're hanging in Jersey, DYING for the tour to finally hit here. Great to see the photos and here how the tours going. Can't wait for SymX to "come home"!!!!

I too was at the show in Sacramento. Really only went to see Nevermore and Symphony X. The sound was pretty bad. You could barely hear Nevermore's singer over the guitars and drums, and the drums were way too loud during SX's set.

Didn't stop me from going nuts, though. I guess Russ liked how crazy I was going, because he dedicated "Of Sins and Shadows" to me
headbob.gif
. Rock the fuck on!

Came back last night from the Orlando show. Symphony X only played 4 songs for us :( We didn't get Evolution.

Oh well, I got to meet all the members :D! Totally worth the ticket price... though the fact that I had to buy ANOTHER Odyssey cd to even meet them was crap :(

Dream Theater blew the show away. Their performance was amazing.

That's my report.

I'd love to say that Symphony X were awesome but I can't. Because they didn't play.
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I went to the West Palm Beach show, and because of the rain the whole second stage got wet and Symphony X's performance was canceled. I was about to cry, they were the reason I bought my Gigantour ticket. They all came out onto the set and apologized, it was very unreal to see them in person. Jason said: "I'm sorry guys, the only thing I can do for you right is this:" And he grabbed three water bottles and started juggling them. Hilarious stuff...

At least I got to meet them later at the FYE tent and got my signed copy of "The Odyssey" (which I bought again just for the signing).

Nevermore was awesome. The Symphony X-killing rain started during their set, and they played with lightning and thunder as background. Pretty kickass metal moment. Loomis had orgasmic tone, his solos were awesomely played.

The Dillinger Escape Plan sucked balls. I can't believe those jokers were playing on the fucking main stage while SX was trying to keep their gear from getting wet.

Fear Factory was awesome, they had the best rythm tone; very heavy and defined.

Dream Theater was amazing, Petrucci nailed all his solos, very clean playing. They were too loud though, LaBrie was almost inaudible.

Megadeth was nice, I'm not really a fan.

The Cleveland show was really good. I came up from Cincinnati (a 5 hour drive) just to see Symphony X. Meeting them was awesome, although I just tried to not make an ass out of myself.
Speaking of asses... Dream Theater showed how mature they are when James LaBrie's pants ripped in the back during "Under A Glass Moon." He showed us all it, then Mike Portnoy got the mike after the song and said "we should have called it 'Under an ASS Moon!'"
Megadeth was really good. I haven't listened to them in a long time and I was sure I wouldn't like them. But they played a lot of the good old stuff that I used to be really into, and I enjoyed their set a lot. The setlist was really good.

Bobaflex was the best band.

While i see it shows that you are playing NH I heard they cut Second stage for it, The curvue of that stupid place is 11 (Or someone says it is) Would like to know if ANYONE offically knows whats going down. any info would be great