Official Gigantour Announcement/Discussion (updated 7/18)

Yesterday's SX set at PNC was amazing, much better then Jones Beach! The crowd was insane, the second stage area was packed, and this is the first time I saw a moshpit at the SX show o_O When they were done, we kept chanting "one more song, one more song" and they came back and played King of Terrors. They seemed genuinly taken aback by the crowd response. Just seeing SX pretty much made my day. And DT was amazing as always.

GabrielKnight said:
Yesterday's SX set at PNC was amazing, much better then Jones Beach! The crowd was insane, the second stage area was packed, and this is the first time I saw a moshpit at the SX show o_O When they were done, we kept chanting "one more song, one more song" and they came back and played King of Terrors. They seemed genuinly taken aback by the crowd response. Just seeing SX pretty much made my day. And DT was amazing as always.

My friend was speechless after hearing SX for the first time. All he said to me later was "I f***king hate you* :)

After hearing DT's Home at Jones Beach I couldn't get it out of my head. It feels like there is a speaker in my head. I know almost every note of that song. Its cool and weird at the same time :loco:

edit...

here is the drum solo from Jones Beach show.

http://www.thesmokingmansjam.com/MP3/Drum_Solo.mp3

GabrielKnight said:

Wasn't that awesome? (Was great meeting you, btw.)
I was right up front and didn't realize how much the crowd had filled in until the band started walking on stage and everyone started chanting. Then I looked behind me and was amazed. I couldn't see the end of the people. Russ seemed surprised too saying something like, "Wow, I didn't know we'd have so many people." or something like that. The crowd went nuts when the set ended begging for one more song and you could see the guys really wanted to give it to us, then the sound cut off. They went to the side of the stage, talked to someone, and came on back. Russ told us to thank Life of Agony who let them play one more. Really was a special treat hearing King of Terrors after that.

The Art Center had one of those things where you could send text messages to a certain phone number and it would show up on the big screen in front of the stage. Before Megadeth, my buddy typed in "Why isn't SymX on this stage?" and there was quite a roar. I'd say the New Jersey fans really showed their stuff that night. :headbang:

Just a word to the guys in the band. You don't have to "tour" to do a Jersey show. Just nip on over to the Starland or the Pony any time you need to get out. We'll always be there for ya!:D

I saw them at jones beach...
Inferno, Evolition, Sea of Lies, Wicked, Of Sins and Shadows...it was sick. Just to see how Romeo really does it...After the show i got a copy of The Odyssey and a shirt signed...DT was sick to they had awn amazing set...Mike Portnoy had Richard christy come up and play his set with him....that was sick...but John Petrucci + Emo straps= WFT?

LMAO at Manda calling me from the autograph line at the NJ show, saying "there's someone here who wants to talk to you" then handing MJR the phone & saying "it's for you"..hehe! That's one step better than just telling him I said hi.. :lol:

Please forgive me for asking this incredibly dumb question:

On the website of the Buffalo venue (Darien Lakes), it says that the concert is at 7:30. However, when you request a ticket, the 'event time' is listed as 3:30. When will the bands begin playing?

Bionicman said:
Please forgive me for asking this incredibly dumb question:

On the website of the Buffalo venue (Darien Lakes), it says that the concert is at 7:30. However, when you request a ticket, the 'event time' is listed as 3:30. When will the bands begin playing?

Who cares when it starts! Darien Lakes = rollercoasters - get there early and hit the rides! When you start hearing music - head towards the stage!

I finally had the time to put the pix that I took at the 8/23 Jones Beach show online, check them out here. I also took pix of the other bands, I think Nevermore came out pretty good, but I didn't have the time to upload them yet.

I just got back from the Toronto Gigantour show (which was awesome), and Symphony X was fantastic, but the mixing was absolutely terrible the entire time! The guitar and keyboards were way down and the bass was so loud it was ridiculous. There was no tone to the bass at all, just an incredibly loud rumble that drowned out everything else. If you guys are reading this, you were without a doubt the best pre-headliner band there today. You showed those other bands what real professionals sound like, and you deserve far better than the sh*t you had!

P.S. When the hell are you coming to Toronto on your own next? I have to see you again soon!

soundgarden said:
here is the drum solo from Jones Beach show.

http://www.thesmokingmansjam.com/MP3/Drum_Solo.mp3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this sounds like the covers they did:
-Aerosmith - Walk This Way
-Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It
-Led Zeppelin - The Crunge
-King Diamond - Welcome Home
-Queen - We Will Rock You
-Van Halen - Hot For Teacher
-Rush - YYZ
-Iron Maiden - Run To the Hills/Where Eagles Dare
-Slayer - Raining Blood

Correct?