Misery Index Heirs To Thievery

turbidnorth

New Metal Member
Mar 17, 2008
www.myspace.com
Man i love this band and the mix on this album is awesome. It was produced and engineered by Steve Wright, i haven't really heard of him. I read an interview from Jason and he says the drums are all natural beside the kick, which is crazy because that snare sounds so good! Anyone get any other info on the mixing/recording?

Okay...normally I abide by the "if you don't have anything nice to say, stay out of the thread" idea (usually...not always ;)). But seriously...what the heck kind of band name is this??? And all these band names with verbs in them? ????

Sorry...had to get that out of my system...resume topic:

ummm....wtf is wrong with misery index as a name??

anyways, agreed. great band, great mix, great album. any production info will be appreciated!

Misery Index is great as a band and has a great name.
They are touring whores and the coolest guys.
I've opened for them and it was an awesome night.

Haven't looked their new album yet, tho.

BTW, Heirs to Thievery is the album's name

Never heard of them...as well as a lot of the stuff mentioned around here (not knocking it...just don't know it). But since the OP didn't separate the band name from the album name...to me it just looked like one, really stupid sounding band name. "Misery Index Heir To Thievery" :) My bad. :lol: But given some of the band names I have seen, even this wouldn't surprise me. ;)

Edit: What? No one has made fun of me and my "foot and mouth" syndrome yet? I'm disappointed. :lol:

Well as long as we're talking about their name, here's a tidbit from Metal-Archives:

The Misery Index is an economic indicator created by Chicago economist Arthur Melvin Okun in the 1970s and is the unemployment rate added to the inflation rate. It is assumed that a higher rate of unemployment and a worsening of inflation both create economic and social costs for a country. A combination of rising inflation and more people of out of work implies a deterioration in economic performance and a rise in the misery index.

It is also the title of the last Assück album, which is what the band primarily named themselves after.

Misery Index is the best name for a grind band ever. I know a few of the MI guys, they are very cool people, and as mentioned above, they tour relentlessly.
The new album is by far the best sounding thing they've ever done. I've heard very little about how it was made, but I'd be curious if anyone else had details.

I've done some work in that studio before. Most of the engineers blow ass with death metal. I'm glad Steve Wright actually did the work on this. The main thing I hate is that studio's client list is bullshit... Slipknot and Soilwork are on there...wtf... so untrue.