Misery's Omen - Update

CobbledPath

New Metal Member
Jun 3, 2007
Greetings,

'Hope Dies' is now complete and Kris Verwimp has finished the cover artwork for the release on CD and LP formats. Worship Him records of Norway will release the album on CD soon and DLP later this year.

The track 'And the Stars Bled' from the album is available from our labels myspace page http://www.myspace.com/worshiphimrecs

Unfortunately our website www.miserysomen.com became unregistered for a short period and someone else has decided register it. (and then try sell it back to us for a vastly inflated price). Until we have sorted out this issue, please refer to the Worship Him records website http://www.worshiphimrecords.com or email us via miserysomen@hotmail.com for information.

Following the release of the album, we expect to record new material for a split 7" release with Denial of God later this year and some new tracks to be included on the vinyl press of the CD.

Thanks.

Hope Dies is fucking amazing. Blind buy for me a wee bit ago, strictly based on the album cover.

Hope Dies *IS* amazing--definitely one of the more underrated bm releases of the 2000's. Dat bass though :heh:
Hopefully they release some new material.....

Considering your taste for upfront bass NAD, check out Thy Darkened Shade (Greek BM) --see track from their 2014 album-awesome band.

Thanks man, this is good, I dig it. Fuckin' killer ending, dat bass indeed, and released on Hallowe'en? SOLD!

It's so easy for bass to be an afterthought in metal, and honestly if you get the tone right it works just fine as support. I remember on the first Danzig VHS one part with John Christ talking about his practice routine, what exercises he does, how many hours per day, etc. Then it flashes to Eerie Von who essentially says "yeah I don't practice ever, who cares." And the stupid simple bass worked just fine on those albums.

BUT if you can play, and add something cool, why the hell not? So yes, I love hearing creative bass in metal. Play your foundation role, but don't be lazy, dammit!

RE: Hope Dies, I think I picked it up around the time I read The House on the Borderland and I've spiritually connected the two. They seem to share an odd relationship, although it could be something as simple as the book cover I have is the same color as this Misery's Omen album. Pound Sign What The Frak