Missed Anthrax At Roseland!!!

epac

New Metal Member
Feb 17, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
Hi - I saw Judas Priest 2/15 at Roseland...too bad I missed Anthrax!

I saw Anthrax at Irving Plaza back on the Vol 8 tour. I've seen Motorhead at the same venue...I've been to L'amour many times over the years (Mercyful Fate, Saxon, UDO, etc).

If "Doors open" at a certain time, I have NEVER, EVER seen a band (headliner or special guest) go on at that time!

Doors opened for the Priest/Anthrax show at 7:30. I figured there'd be one, maybe two bands prior to Anthrax. Let's face it, Anthrax are not just an "opening band", they are at least half the reason the crowd came that night.

Anyone getting there at 8:30, like my friends and I did, almost certainly thought we were in plenty of time to see Anthrax. Imagine our surprise when we heard they already left the stage!

I suppose we are partially to blame for not getting there on time, but if you can't count on tardiness, what can you count on? :)

Let me say, though, there were a LOT of surprised fans lined up outside Roseland that night!

What gives with the early showtime? Why were no other bands scheduled?

Anyone else miss Anthrax due to this?

I also missed Anthrax 2/15 at Roseland... In all my years I have NEVER heard of the main bands actually starting at time of doors opening... Anthrax done for the (Friday) night at 8:30..!! Come on guys, this is NYC... At least I got to see Bush come on for "United" with Priest, but I felt gypped.... :( What's with the 7:30 start..??!!