Misuse of THE HORNS!

ShredManWalking

Hit man for the Order
Dec 5, 2002
Kent State University
listen.to
Hey guys, I haven't posted on the forum in a LONG time... :erk: I have no excuses, really.

However, I have been defending the faith of heavy metal around my college campus... I've noticed a lot of people misuse the horns. :headbang: Check out my photo album of such instances that I've found on "The Facebook," or the college equivalent of Myspace.

http://kent.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2004164&l=9c971&id=23303453

I tried making this point in the Off Topic thread, but Kazahana shot the whole thing down. The woorld really is going to hell.

ptah knemu said:
I tried making this point in the Off Topic thread, but Kazahana shot the whole thing down.
Yes and rightly so. In fact I linked the article OSAS mentioned, and I'm assuming that once again you misunderstood the point I was making then.

Whining about this kind of issue is something I'd attribute to teenagers who are so shallow that they lack identity and need something that makes them part of a group to show who they are...

@ Kazahana: First of all, you're right about one thing: I am a teenager. Where you're wrong is the rest. I am in no way shallow, nor do I lack identity. I do understand where you're coming from with this, and I really don't want to argue abuout it.
But there is one important thing, which I don't know exactly who here does it, since not everyone here's metal. But that thing is called DEFENDING THE FAITH. That was the point I was, and Shredman is trying to make.

the sign only has as much meaning as the person attributes to it.

So if people want to use it to show a good time, or love or whatever I say let them. It doesn't affect you in any way.

I even used the horns at a ballet. Although, it was a HEAVY METAL BALLET :)

In my opinion, the use of the horns is sacred and should only be used under worthy circumstances. The only time I throw up the horns is at concerts, when me and my friends talk about metal and it's appropriate to do so in the conversation, and when any picture of me is taken.

Wow, guys... the Onion article was a joke, and so was my picture album. The album was inspired by the onion article. I thought the whole thing was hilarioius... I even made fun of myself in the album, and that care-bear guy is one of my friends that thought it would be funny to pose for a photo of him doing that.

Both were slightly amusing, but misuse of the horns doesn't piss me off to the extent where I would make a new facebook album for all the people on my friends list (a group of people who've misused the horns themselves I'm sure) to see.

The horns are for sheep begging for social acceptance, everybody does it at concerts, 'hey look at me I'm 'metal' please accept me into your clan and/or institution.

One autumn evening I took a friend to a dimmu concert, image wise he was the antithesis of metal, very short hair and well turned out but he had a morbid obsession with black metal. Anyway it was his first concert and Shagra or whatever his name is did the horns and this mate looking as green as a fuckin turtle growled and proudly produced his first set of' 'horns', he didn't have a clue what it was or what it symbolised and I just thought 'what a fucktard you really are', he's the Shepard your the sheep.

I lost count of how many times throughout the evening that Shagrath did the horns, needless to say it got pretty tiresome towards the end, perhaps when his mother brings in his morning tea he does the horns whilst black metal growling 'thank you mummy', don't look so metal now in your jim jams do ya Shag!!