mix im working on now kse meets iron maiden

Apr 18, 2008
can someone give this a listen the mix is in progress now...im giving myself break on it my ears are shot from the last 18 hours tracking 3 other projects in the studio...

iron maiden meets kse type sound i would say but still 80s

i think i got a pretty good balance going on. There's no eq on the guitars and bass other than hp/lp. acoustic guitar is only one layer now i have 3 others and keys to put in it still. the Drums im pretty happy so far with the exception of the toms might need to come up a bit. I wanna see what some people have to think,my ears are pretty shot. I wanna get a few fresh opinions before i start working on this again.

would you change change anythign so far?????

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7021916&q=hi

When the acoustic part starts the change is too abrupt... The drums sound too fake, the guitars are not that in sync with the drums as they should be for this type of music... And if I'm guessing the drums are sampled, then it's the guitars that aren't playing to the click. Also, too much string swipe noise. Production-wise I'd say, think about rhythm and lead and make guitar lines that complement each other and make a very full mix. And keep the balance. You have guitar lines on different heights playing a riff panned LR, but they are at different perceived loudness levels. You have to take such things into account during production. Also, I think it's a bit bass-shy.

The song itself is not a bad idea, definitely getting some KsE vibe, but I'm not that into Iron Maiden, so some parts ruin it for me. If it were played tight and the arrangement was inspected in detail, it would be a nice song!! Keep at it! :D

That's my 2 cents.

When the acoustic part starts the change is too abrupt... The drums sound too fake, the guitars are not that in sync with the drums as they should be for this type of music... And if I'm guessing the drums are sampled, then it's the guitars that aren't playing to the click. Also, too much string swipe noise. Production-wise I'd say, think about rhythm and lead and make guitar lines that complement each other and make a very full mix. And keep the balance. You have guitar lines on different heights playing a riff panned LR, but they are at different perceived loudness levels. You have to take such things into account during production. Also, I think it's a bit bass-shy.

The song itself is not a bad idea, definitely getting some KsE vibe, but I'm not that into Iron Maiden, so some parts ruin it for me. If it were played tight and the arrangement was inspected in detail, it would be a nice song!! Keep at it! :D

That's my 2 cents.

thanks for the honest input!!!!

pretty much said the same thing as we said later on!!!! i havent heard it since we tracked it over a month ago

i am just recording and mixing this ...its one of my friends projects

to clarify on the vibe of the song to kse was about the only think i could think of after 18 staight hours of recording way different music than this.

thats a real rough outline of like 10 mins getting a flow ..no editing at all from tracking .i have a 100 different guitar tracks to pick from and di's for reamping to piece something together this should be fun...............

80"s hair metal, guitar driven, huge drums, nothing modern,and tons of tubes, no screaming only falsettos.....this was supposed to be released in 1985 so to say ...

back to work got 20 more waiting to be mixed and 3 tracking sessions this week... i need a day off