Mixers: how do you deal when you receive bad tracks?

Thanks for the kind words, i'm looking forward to hear the final product. Shame it should be the band itself asking for that and not the opposite. I guess money is really an issue nowadays :)

Well I will do what I am paid for and take another name! Fuuuu...

There you go. If you have to turn out a product that won't sound good, have a separate name to use for the credit so it doesn't cause you problems later down the road.

Oh God, they want me to use their shitty sounds.... I think this one will be a real crappy sounding mix!

Ahah thank you :) But I think I WON'T use their sounds. This is defo not an option! I'll try to get very raw sounding samples to fight a little their machine-gun prog style. If I will post the result here?? Well... I'm not sure ahahah!

Hi there

I just came back to this project today. Here is what I have for now: drums, bass and main guitars. I think it's pretty decent considering the material I have to deal with. We're not in the pratice room section but if I could get some honest feedback it'd be cool.
Edit: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36870048/HKMM.mp3 I just realized that I forgot to put a limiter on the 2buss so the level was very low :/