Mixing feedback: Metallica´s Halo On Fire

Jotun25

Apr 27, 2010
Sevilla, Spain
www.jotunstudio.es
Hi, friends! I just wanted to share a cover I made of Metallica´s Halo On Fire, my favourite song from Hardwired...

I played guitars and bass, programmed drums, sang it and recorded audio and video (also editing, mixing and stuff).

I hope you like it and share it (I hope Metallica would listen to it, hehe)

Thanks, man, glad you liked it!

Drums are a mix of Toontrack´s libraries, mainly Metal Foundry for cymbals, Metal Machine for kick, snare and drums, and I often add some Rock Solid snare layered onto my main snare. All processed and mixed to my taste. I hope you liked them.

Cheers!

Sounds a way better than Metallica's original mix. Actually this is a good example of how they can and SHOULD sound.
Good work, man!

Thank you so much for your kind words, man! I´m really glad you liked it better than Metallica´s mix, I´m really flattered by that. I don´t know why they can´t sound as they did in Garage Inc, probably my favourite mix work from them.

The record itself doesn´t sound bad, it´s just that drums are too loud (as Lars´ ego) in some places and that guitar tone is quite meh compared to the one they achieved in the Black Album, Loads or Garage Inc.