Mixing melodic metal

The drums sound good to me! Nice snare ;)
Same for the guitars, they sound really cool,just something about the highend is strange for me.
also I'd like a TAD more gain for that kind of music maybe? they get much of a rockvibe with this amount of gain for me
the solo could use some more reverb/delay to fit more into the mix and be a bit louder
cleanguitars are ok, but Im not the biggest fan of flangers on clean guitars....or is it a fast chorus?
good work overall dude!

let me guess: 8505 as on your iron maiden track? or X30?

strange that I didnt see this earlier....normally I click on everything with "melodic" in the title :lol:

The drums sound good to me! Nice snare ;)
Same for the guitars, they sound really cool,just something about the highend is strange for me.
also I'd like a TAD more gain for that kind of music maybe? they get much of a rockvibe with this amount of gain for me
the solo could use some more reverb/delay to fit more into the mix and be a bit louder
cleanguitars are ok, but Im not the biggest fan of flangers on clean guitars....or is it a fast chorus?
good work overall dude!

let me guess: 8505 as on your iron maiden track? or X30?

strange that I didnt see this earlier....normally I click on everything with "melodic" in the title :lol:

Thanks a lot for the feedback:worship: Once again you are right about the guitars. I think it´s not so much the highend but the midrange of the guitars I need to scoop the guitars a little more to fit the mix better and yeah they are a bit undergained. The clean guitars, one have some kind of chorus and the other a flanger. I didnt lost much time with them.

This time it´s the X30!lol

Once again thanks for the opinion.:headbang:

yeah right, its more the higher-midrange...I think you know that I still need to get a better feeling for that area hahaha
I dunno, some freq seem to put some "pressure" on the guitars, you know what I mean?

@ clean guitars: I think i never use flanger on clean guitars...in fact IF i use it then its just for special effects I think...just a matter of taste ;)

eheh, I thought it was the X30...I never heared anyone else getting that kind of sound out of it than you

nice gtr note, but ,as mentioned, some wierd thing with high range frequencies, nice snare, but maby it can be more various - its tend to single sample style(
note bad cymbals tone(how you made them?) but stil needs more various hits
dont like keys at the end at all, sorry(

yeah right, its more the higher-midrange...I think you know that I still need to get a better feeling for that area hahaha
I dunno, some freq seem to put some "pressure" on the guitars, you know what I mean?

@ clean guitars: I think i never use flanger on clean guitars...in fact IF i use it then its just for special effects I think...just a matter of taste ;)

eheh, I thought it was the X30...I never heared anyone else getting that kind of sound out of it than you

You are right, it´s not the highend or the midrange but the higher midrange!lol I know what you say, somehow the guitars are overwhelming in some frequencies. It doesnt sound too natural.

The clean guitars are almost a preset from guitar rig 3!lol as I said before I didnt work on them too much. I think that they dont sound bad but not great also. But it works!lol I dont like clean guitars without nothing, sounds to lifeless to me. At least a chorus always works well IMO.

Because it´s the version of X30 with balls! ahaha it´s the version 1.5 and that version have much more mids than the others. But it was a bad choice!lol

Nice snare :eek: a little loud but awesome none the less
Sneap kick?

Great mix :)

Thanks a lot dude:) It´s the nightwish kick with some eq.

nice gtr note, but ,as mentioned, some wierd thing with high range frequencies, nice snare, but maby it can be more various - its tend to single sample style(
note bad cymbals tone(how you made them?) but stil needs more various hits
dont like keys at the end at all, sorry(

I know what you are saying about the high mids, I am already solving that. I agree about the snare, I grabed the song and the MIDI was already done and I have not changed the velocities but I know what you mean and the cymbals is the same situation.

About the keys I cant do nothing, the song was not written by me!lol But thanks for all the feedback:headbang:

You are right, it´s not the highend or the midrange but the higher midrange!lol I know what you say, somehow the guitars are overwhelming in some frequencies. It doesnt sound too natural.

The clean guitars are almost a preset from guitar rig 3!lol as I said before I didnt work on them too much. I think that they dont sound bad but not great also. But it works!lol I dont like clean guitars without nothing, sounds to lifeless to me. At least a chorus always works well IMO.

Because it´s the version of X30 with balls! ahaha it´s the version 1.5 and that version have much more mids than the others. But it was a bad choice!lol

its strange, it always depends on the mix...sometimes that area is quite easy to get right, sometimes I have to tweak it for days to get it right...because if you cut out too much freqs it tends to sound really annoying :puke:

normally i always use chorus on clean guitars too....only if they have to sound very percussive/dry I turn it off.

hm...when I tried out v1.5 i didnt like it I think :Spin::Spin: