Mixing NON metal song for the first time (Tiger Lou Cover)

Emdprodukt

Member of Dude Castle 69
Jun 26, 2007
Kiel, Germany
Since I got some new monitors (yamaha hs80m), preamp (FRM RNP) and a new mic (SM7b) I decided to do some test recordings. this is a cover song of the band Tiger Lou called "Oh Horatio".

I never recorded such a song or such music in general so any advice you guys can give me would be really appreciated!

I know it's not perfect yet but my ears get tired from mixing. Bass doesn't sit the way I want it, some vocals will be redone.

Guitar: Classic Guitar (Hanika) - SM7b + t.bone SC-450 - FMR Audio RNP8380 - Edirol FA101
Bass: Cheapass Ibanez Soundgear Bass DI + Gearbox
Drums: Addictive Drums
Vocals: SM7b - FMR Audio RNP8380 - Edirol FA101
Synth - East West Symphony Orchestra, Halion for the Keys

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2932654/Flo%20%2B%20Olli%20-%20Oh%20Horatio%20Update.mp3

Edit: I know there's audible noise. That's my computer on the guitar tracks. He says "hello!".

Acoustic could use a bit more reverb, and the the vocals get kind of buried when the bass first comes in. Other than that, sounds good!

I´m sooooo g.a.s.ing for one!!!! But hopefully the cobra and the 003 rack is comming first:)
But some day I own this baby!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered it in the US for 260€. Had to trick the customs (really bad - I just say "Windows Paint" was my friend. Seriously. :)) so I don't have to pay any dutys but it was worth it :)