Mixing, Reamping, Editing, Mastering made affordable!

void1985

New Metal Member
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum but came across this little section and saw some others posting their services. So here it goes!

I'm a freelance sound engineer/producer, specialized in rock and metal. Just graduated from the Utrecht School of the Arts, Faculty Art, Media & Technology where I acquired my Master degree.

My services include editing, reamping, mixing and mastering. My strongest points lie within the recording/producing/editing/mixing department.
Right now I'm trying to expand my portfolio and raise funds to expand my own studio and network.

I do have clear visions of the genre and bands that I work with. The well-known over-produced metal albums is not something that I strongly relate to. Of course I have a passion for the music but I'm all about getting the best performance from the musicians themselves. Even though metal can be very technical, it's still performed by human beings. And that's exactly what I aim for in my productions; letting each musician shine through, creating a whole. And not hide their performances under a layer of studio tricks. But productions can of course sound larger than life, and that's a beautiful thing and certainly not something I want to avoid.

You can view my Portfolio and find more information here: http://soundengine.nl

Next to my own studio, this is where I also work at; http://www.excess.nl/?page=4&PHPSESSID=14073bea4aa6c670d62ef26d24b4dce6

I've had the privilege to work with musicians such as Ed Warby (Hail of Bullets, Ayreon, The 11th Hour), Yuri Rinkel (Melechesh, ex-Thanatos, Abode of the Numinous) and many others.
Among the metal genre I also work with jazz and classical musicians. So basically I'm open for anything!

My equipment:
Pro Tools LE 8.0.5 (stepping over to PT10 soon)
Digi 003 Rack
Dangerous Music D-Box, analog summing box
KRK RP6 G2
Music Production Toolkit 2
Steven Slate's Virtual Console Collection
Some great Waves plug-ins

At home I mix in-the-box but at Excess Studios I have a nice collection of analog outboard gear at my disposal.

If you're interested, you can send me a PM or contact me by e-mail at tom[AT]soundengine . nl

I'd be very grateful to talk with anybody about any opportunities. I'm also open to possible collaborations.
Thanks!