Mixing Time: Crowbar - "To Build A Mountain" Multi

harls

Jul 2, 2013
South England
Hi guys, something slow and heavy for you. Quad tracked with my RG1527 w/ a BKP Miracle Man in the bridge and my friend's LTD B15 bass with EMG P5 pickups (apologies for the fret buzz, it's in need of a setup).

Inside, you should see the following:

Files.jpg

The drum map is SD2.0.

Reference mix:

Enjoy and post your mixes below. Cheers!

Edit: After uploading, I realised I had tracked the ending harmonies incorrectly. I have updated the DIs and will be updating my mix shortly. The file names are still the same:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4132580/Crowbar - TBAM Files.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
my quick mix

Sounds really nice, man. The mix could perhaps do with a bit more glue but that's if I'm being picky; overall a really well balanced mix. What are you using for your snare? Sick Soundcloud username too, I love WN.

Hi,
My try. Kemper 5150/5153

Stay Metal!

This sounds punchy and sweet. What are you using for the bass? It sounds great and sits really nicely in the mix.

Thanks for mixing practice, here is my try:

probably too much compression and highs, it's kinda hard to judge on my headphones :(

My mix with some more sludgy-doomy touch

Hi guys, something slow and heavy for you. Quad tracked with my RG1527 w/ a BKP Miracle Man in the bridge and my friend's LTD B15 bass with EMG P5 pickups (apologies for the fret buzz, it's in need of a setup).

The drum map is SD2.0.

Reference mix:

nice mix. what drums are those?

my try using some catharsis impulses

Keep em coming guys! I'll try and get round to critiquing them all soon.

nice mix. what drums are those?

Thanks dude. The drums are as follows:
Cymbals - SD2.0
Toms - SSD Qik Toms
Kick - Kick 10 layered with the 'Faderhead' kick found on the forum and the Seraph Recordings 'Vision' kick (I think).
Snare - Charles J's GG Snare for attack layered with a duplicate shifted down two semitones for weight, and then the Seraph Recordings 'Peripheral' snare with all the attack reduced leaving just the ring.

Help out the smaller studios on the forum and buy their samples, you will not be disappointed.

i could not resist to a crowbar cover, thanks for taking your time man!!!