MIXING TIME: song multitracks inside

ahjteam

Anssi Tenhunen
A bit different stuff than what you usually see here, a bit more pop/rock stuff with melodic metal influences. a very dynamic song that has tambourines, clean wah guitars and other shit like blasting on pre-verse breakdowns and 6 guitar tracks in the last chorus. no vocals yet. drums are general midi, so are the synths.

Reference mix here:

Multitracks here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1338211/Fire_Multitracks.zip (~175mb)

Please post if you have any questions or comments. also see the production notes on the youtube description

Tempo is 220

edit: as there seems to have been some confusions about the dynamic structure of the song from both mixes I've heard (RavenPunk24 and Uncle Junior), just to clear the confusion... the dynamics of the song should be something like this:

fire_dynamics.png

So basically verse is quieter, chorus is loud, bridge is louder and the last chorus is even louder

Last edited by a moderator:
dude that break after the chorus is insane!! i would never expect that to come in a song like that.:lol: , ill may dowload this tomorrow from work , shitty connection here in my home right now.. do you plan to put some vocals on this??

dude that break after the chorus is insane!! i would never expect that to come in a song like that.:lol: , ill may dowload this tomorrow from work , shitty connection here in my home right now.. do you plan to put some vocals on this??

Hey, isn't it all about noticeable transitions? :D

yup, vocals coming on the album version, the ones I have in my head are very Queen/FNM-esquee. I will most likely also retrack everything for it.

Hey, isn't it all about noticeable transitions? :D

yup, vocals coming on the album version, the ones I have in my head are very Queen/FNM-esquee. I will most likely also retrack everything for it.

cool! looking forward to listen whit vocals when you finish the album.:kickass: thanks for the tracks, im dowloading right now.

8 guitar tracks play together at chosus 3..? I consider it to be..unusual)

Not really, if you think that a symphonic orchestra usually has like 60 string players... But anyway, there is only 6 guitars; the 3 melody lead guitars from which one basically is also a rhythm guitar, then there is solo and the 2 higain guitars which are basically just doubled and play the same the bass guitar.

But 60 string players play the same,not different) and we can mix them as an orchestra,as one instrument. As for guitars we can't.
I is really hard to me to make them sound clear. I think I'll upload my mix tonight.
P.s.: sorry for my English :)