Mix's getting better!

Lintinanims

Skullet Engineer. METAL!
Mar 20, 2012
Casper Wyoming
Spent a few minutes with my 7 string and 11 rack, and superior, came up with this, the start of a new song, don't have much time to finish writing it tonight. Just wanted to see if I could do a quick mix, and get some feedback. Let me know what you guys think.

Most of the pocessing on drums is my Superior preset, minus some post EQ and verb on the snare.
Guitars are Ibanez RG7321, 11 rack preset, with a bit of post EQ.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/208011325/The Start of Something New.wav

It's good. The guitar in the beginning need to conform to the tempo a little better and need to be played a little better (the strings sometime get in the way of your next note). I like the guitar and drum mix though. I think the beginning guitar would benefit from some compression. What's your guitar chain?

I agree, my playing was a bit sloppy there, and could probably use some compression. I've spent hours and hours and hours trying to get the drums to sit well in my mix's and I'm finally confident in the drum sound. Guitar is my Ibby RG7321 with EMG 707, into 11 rack DC Modern SOD, and a Blackop OD pedal, then post EQ filtering everything blow 130-150, and small scoop at 400 and a tiny .5 DB boost at 2.5-2.7k.