Mob Rules

VenomGA

At War With Stan
Jul 28, 2005
any fans of the German melodic Power metal band Mob Rules? Been listening them quite a bit over the last few days and wondered if anybody else here was a fan and/or wanted to see them at the festival one day???

any fans of the German melodic Power metal band Mob Rules? Been listening them quite a bit over the last few days and wondered if anybody else here was a fan and/or wanted to see them at the festival one day???

Been a fan of theirs since "Savage Land". Would love to see them at PP.

They're one of the best, and most underrated, melodic metal bands around. I wrote them off early on, but changed my mind in a hurry once I heard their 2004 album Among the Gods. They're at the top of my wish list for PPUSA XII.

I own their album Temple of Two Suns and it has some pretty strong tracks on it, but outside of that one I am not that familiar with them.

I own their album Temple of Two Suns and it has some pretty strong tracks on it, but outside of that one I am not that familiar with them.

I first got into the band with this album...but honestly, this band GOT much better over time...

For years honestly I figured they were just another power metal band with nothing special about them. However, when Glenn and others mentioned how good their previous release was, I decided to check them out and was blown away. Now I just need to get their other material. They're one of the bands I'm sort of banking on being at XII; however, I'm usually completely wrong with the lineup.

I first got into the band with this album...but honestly, this band GOT much better over time..

I'd disagree with this pretty strongly. I think Mob Rules has been very consistent almost since day one. Their style really hasn't changed much, although they have attempted to incorporate a little more "epic-ness" in their latest release. Ever since "Savage Land" they write some of the most memorable vocal hooks you could hope to hear in power metal.

Definitely an underrated band, and well worth checking out if you haven't heard them.

I'm not a fan of Mob Rules, but I will say that they have a unique sound and really stand out in the power metal crowd. All their releases are quality, can't go wrong with any of them. I've never had one of their albums really wow me, but I know good metal when I hear it, even if I don't "get" it.

One of the better power metal bands out there. I have liked them since thier first album. I saw them live at the first BARfest show (San Francisco) in 2007 or 2008 and they seriously kicked ass--just an excellent show. In addition, they are really nice guys. I think they would be a great band for PPUSA.

Been a fan of theirs since "Savage Land". Would love to see them at PP.

Same here.
Favorite Mob Rules song is "Rain Song" from Savage Land.

Love Savage Land & still feel it is their best album. Temple of Two Suns was an awesome follow-up. Hollowed be Thy Name was good but thinking back, honestly, the only song I can remember is the one with Peavey from Rage, and I can't even remember the name of it. Among the Gods was also good but another album where nothing really stood out to me. I should really give this one a listen again. I do remember liking how they use a piece of "Rain Song" at the end of "New World Symphony", I believe it was. I bought Ethnolution A.D. right when it came out and I didn't really like it. I really should give that one another listen, also.

I have yet to buy or even hear Radical Peace , but I have heard nothing but AMAZING things about it, so I can't wait to check it out. If I do remember correctly, that album was either #2 or #3 on Glenn's Top 10 of 2009, so I'd say that gives them a pretty damn good shot of being at PPXII!!:kickass:

BEEN A FAN SINCE THE BEGINNING, ONE OF THE BANDS ON MY LIST FOR PROG POWER THAT WOULD JUST GO APE SHIT OVER. PLEASE GET THEM FOR NEXT YEAR GLEN:hotjump:

They are a awesome band live. Saw them a few years ago at BarFest, and though it was a short set, they rocked I don't know how that was worked out with the band, but that was their only show in the states. I would think we could get them over here with a little support. As for their albums, I think they are pretty similar. "Hallowed Be Thy Name" was the hook album for me, and I have the rest of them. The new one is a good album, but I think it's about equal with the others. Does have a little Mindcrime type of vibe to it.

I also feel Savage Land is their best album songwise but not production wise. Their albums are very consistent as pointed out. Their last album was very good. I think their latest and the debut are their best albums with preference for the debut with it's great melodies.