Mobile Phone ROM's FTW

heshian46

Sep 1, 2009
Northwest Burbs of Chicago, IL
I just stumbled into the world of ROMs yesterday. I've now got a full line of Sega Genesis ROMs on my Motorola Droid X (including all of the Sonic The Hedgehog games woohoo!), and so far they are working great. I'll probably install a set of Nintendo ROMs soon.

What a great way to waste time at work or on the John.

Anybody else using these? Any recommendations? Things to look out for? Lets hear it!

i have played all nintendo systems on my pc. look up Dolphin for a Wii emulator. if you have a bluetooth adapter, you can hook a wii controller up and play the games in HD since the wii doesnt support that lol. I have also used project 64 to play ocarina of time and majora's mask. if you have an old xbox controller from the original, all it takes is a little rewiring, then you can use an xbox controller on the computer to play any rom, just route the keys in the settings. i believe i used xbcd as a driver, and it took a while to get it working, but when i finally did, it was sick. I even played an online mmorpg(vindictus) with it without any problem lol. I have a full folder for each different rom system(Of course, i only play games that i actually own, because it would otherwise be illegal....lol)

There was me thinking this would be about Cyanogenmod or something, it should really be "Playing ROMS on Mobile Phone"

I tried playing SNES Roms on my phone but playing on a touch screen is to hard, you need buttons! I know there are some cool Bluetooth controllers around for just that.

Sounds tasty,

Has anybody used any roms on their PC w/ a usb controller?

I use an xbox 360 controller with one of these
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows/dp/B000HZFCT2[/ame]
on my mac. Works great with zsnes and other emulators

I have an old Microsoft Sidewinder USB controller that I use to play ROMs on my computer. Works well and has the same layout as the SNES controller. This one: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Sidewinder-Plug-Play-Gamepad/dp/B00004SUG0[/ame]