monitor level controller

aviel

Aug 2, 2011
Hey,
I have a rme multiface sound card, with active tapco monitors. but i dont have any way to control the level of the monitoring.

i can do it through the rme control panel, in the virtual mixer, and just raise the faders, but is annoying.

what are my alternatives? i amlooking for something simple and cheap, that wont affect my sound. i dont need any monitor switching, or headphones out. just volume, and maybe mute.

i thought about the tc electronic level pilot.. how transparent is it?
is there a way to use MIDI controllers to control the levels of the rme? the card is quite old. its the first version

Actually yes.. but i dont rhink they sell in israel. i guess i will pay more for the shiping. isnt midi an option? and how colouring are those units?

Buy an used audient sumo, you will get a clean summing amp and monitoring controll.
Not the best solution, but if you want quality you must pay for some dangerous or coleman stuff

is the difference between this and the cheaper stuff really that big? i am talking about my home studio, decent monitors and i have only one set of monitors . I used the one lnob and was quite satisfied. but it has too many connections. i need something at the same quality with less connection