Monolith Album (Mixed by jval, guitars/drums tracked by AdamWathan)

colynomial

Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
wearetulip.com
Just wanted to let Sneap Forum know that my band's CD is finally available. Kind of a symphonic, melodic metal type thing.

We recorded last summer with Adam Wathan, I did the orchestration/keyboards and then jval mixed it. I finally finished the artwork and got it pressed last week so you can get the 12 tracks for 15 bucks including shipping/taxes or just the digital download for 10.

I guess it's not technically a "RMM" since the mix is done, but any comments would be helpful for the next album which we're going to start later this summer.

Check it out on Myspace:

http://myspace.com/monolith

Let me know what you think!

EDIT: Last song from the player for Brady and Morgan http://dl.dropbox.com/u/818500/08%20Ultimatum.mp3

Colin

The orchestrations here are beautiful. What did you use? East West? There is a little bit of horns in there that sound totally legit.

I am working a power metal project and I would love to capture these kinds of symphonic sounds.

Great music too, I hear a video game influence and that's never a bad thing in my opinion.

Thanks a lot man. Yep it's EastWest's QLSO Gold. One stupid thing I did though was pan the individual sections around to try to widen the stereo image of the orchestra. The EWQLSO stuff is already "panned" so to speak, because the samples are recorded with the sections in their Baroque locations. So basically I probably made a mess of the phase relationships between the microphones used to record the stereo samples- I think if I had've left everything where it was the orchestrations would have sounded much more focused and been a little more distinct. Anyways, next time, next time, haha.

fuck i love the last song on the myspace player .. fucking awesome songwritting !!!! every song is awesome !
the mixes sound pretty flawless too !!

congrats man!! you should be proud !

PM me for MIXING AND MASTERING/PROGRAMING AND REAMPING SERVICES !!

Really cool music!

not much to tell about the mix through myspace, but it sounds solid!
really dig the orchestrations

Upload a song on Dropbox/Soundclick so we can hear it properly? ^^

Sounds good though, great job to Jval on getting everything blended together well. Some more overheads would be nice, but honestly its nitpicking and they'd probably clutter up the mix.

Only negative comment I have is I don't like the clean vocals, they're really lifeless from the autotune.