Monstrosity?

Imperial Doom is a mandatory death metal classic. Millenium is worth looking into also regardless not being as good.

I've been meaning to check out their older stuff.

Same here, except I don't know any of their albums. There are three american DM bands I wanted to check - Monstrosity, Malevolent Creation and Immolation.

Decided to start with Malevolent Creation, bought The Will to Kill and Warkult yesterday, so far I like what I listened to.

What do you find good about it? Weak production, forgettable songs, awkward style, inconsistent song-writing, pointless attempts to be epic, and really shitty cover art.

No one is gonna rec Rise to Power?

The title track is one of my favorite death metal songs ever.

And yes... IDP has some of the shittiest death metal album artwork of all time.

I love Monstrosity, they are easily one of my favorite bands out there. I have Spiritual Apocalypse, Rise To Power, In Dark Purity, and that shitty Brazillian 02 live album. Avoid the live album to start with, but definitely go for Spirtual Apocalypse first, it is the perfect balance (imo) of melody and brutality and work your way back. As for the two Corpsegrinder albums, I haven't heard a lot of those, but what I have heard was tremendous, and since I'm a 'Grinder fanboy, I'd say get them ASAP as well. Monstrosity really does no wrong, ever.

Get ahold of "Enslaving the Masses"

has demos from various older albums & another live disc.
Several times a year, they're one of my favorite bands & the rest of the time they're not. All their earlier albums seem to have different production, although the music is similar and great.

Get ahold of "Enslaving the Masses"

has demos from various older albums & another live disc.
Several times a year, they're one of my favorite bands & the rest of the time they're not. All their earlier albums seem to have different production, although the music is similar and great.

I was thinking that one would be better. I tried to order it recently from a local store and for whatever reason they couldn't/didn't get it in, so I'll check it out on amazon.

I was thinking that one would be better. I tried to order it recently from a local store and for whatever reason they couldn't/didn't get it in, so I'll check it out on amazon.

Released by Conquest music out of Venice, Florida

www.conquestmusic.com (on back of CD cover)

Site has basically everything about Monstrosity on it, downloads, albums for sale & links to their site/s.