Morbid Angel lyrics

kmik

Feb 2, 2005
On Lord of All Fevers and Plague, there's that part that goes like 'Ia iak sakkakh ia sakkakh ia shaxul ia kingu etc' - what does it mean? And what's Ninnghizhidda (there's also a pretty good band that carries that name, by the way)?

Morbid Angel summon the old Sumerian Gods. It still has power, and the fact that many bands have now called upon these gods, it gives the music that much more strength.

yeah, i believe its from the necronomicon. it seems they have a liking to it, ever notice the logo on their shirts? its nothing more than a manipulated necronomicon
~gR~

What I meant by what I said is that Morbid Angel's lyrics are summonings of those Gods. They are basically evoking spells about the rising of these gods in their music. Many bands have started to use these gods in their lyrics (or summoning the same gods). Much of it comes from the Necronomicon, but then much of the Necronomicon is influenced by Sumerian Mythology. So there is the connection. Hope that helps.

You can read just about any interview with Azagthoth or Vincent, and they pretty much explain it. I guess you could ask yourself if that seems silly. I don't think it is.

No just the getting power from spells and crap is totally false.

EDIT
: Oh I almost forgot!

*dons Armor of Reflecting +3 and reaches in hilt for Flaming Vorpal Blade +7*

:zombie:

The alleged translation of the Necronomicon published in the 1970s connecting Lovecraft's Necronomicon with ancient Sumerian/Babylonian myths (Simon's Necronomicon as it is known) is a forgery; apparently it is not particularly accurate in describing Sumerian/Babylonian mythology either.

I dont think its the spell that gives that song the infernal power. I think its three other things: vocals, guitar riffs and solos. With two things backing it, called bass and drums. There is your secret.

Yeah, i would like to know the translation too.

Whether it's accurate or not is not really the point. The fact that Morbid Angel take these influences and, in their mind, gives them the creativity they need, is the only thing one shoud take from this. I personally don't care much about these myths, but if it inspires them, I don't see the problem.

Just to add on what i've said, this is no different to any band really. Every band has an ideology within their music that are all beliefs anyway. Just because something isn't relevant to you does not mean that it's not for someone else. Whether it's Norwegian, Greek or any other type of Mythology. It's all about what can inspire you to create great art. As Einstein once said, imagination is more important than intelligence. Anyway, end of rant.