more bands possible for bloodstock4

Anyone heard of Twilightning? They are on Spinefarm records, and aren't very well known over here at all. They are similar to Nightwish I suppose but with male vocals, it's good stuff.

On a side note... can I just ask how some of you guys seem to get to know all these people in the metal world? I'd love to have contacts!

Therion would be cool.....but also - Sonata Artica, debase, seven witches, Infobia, Blitzkrieg, Axxis, hammerfall ( obviously),...etc..... - would also be excellent if savatage did it cos they are awesome and the exposure would move people - a bit like edguy this year!
Not sure about manowar - heard a few tracks that I can imagine would be good sing along metal bonding songs- just not sure how they would fit in. Maybe headline on friday night to set up the scene for saturday?
Not sure if I want to see iced earth or not there - despite listening to the samples from Glorious Burden which sound pretty cool, I can't say I relish the thought of Mr Owens strutting on the bloodstock stage......:erk:

Lydian Lady said:
Not sure about manowar - heard a few tracks that I can imagine would be good sing along metal bonding songs- just not sure how they would fit in. Maybe headline on friday night to set up the scene for saturday?
Not sure if I want to see iced earth or not there - despite listening to the samples from Glorious Burden which sound pretty cool, I can't say I relish the thought of Mr Owens strutting on the bloodstock stage......:erk:

I'm not sure about Manowar either! I think it's a bloke thing to be honest. And as for Mr Owens...I know I gave full force to my views on him last weekend!! :lol: I'm a big Iced Earth fan but I can't stand the guy! I'm not gong to say any more as I will put myself in a bad mood for the rest of the day!

random_phil said:
Hehehe, 6? Are you some kind of lightweight. I had at least 8 on the Saturday, each washed down with a pint of snakebite. I would say I'd been drinking constantly drinking since the Friday morning without sleep, but people would just think I was boasting!!:kickass:!:kickass:!:kickass:!:kickass::loco:

The reason I stopped there is I had no money left (had to buy another ticket), otherwise I would have just kept on drinking till I dropped :p

I think it was a good idea to have two completely different styles as the headlining acts. It adds a good deal of variety. I think they should try and do that again. For instance, someone like Iced Earth could headline the first night and someone like Hammerfall could headline the second night. Something like that.

Well I certainly think that Hammerfall should get another chance at next years festival and with a new studio album and 2 new band members I would love 2 see Blaze back again. How about Skid Row, The Wildhearts (or Silver Ginger 5) and Sugar Coma (may not be pleasing to everyones ear but very pleasing to the eye) for Bloodstock 04?

:headbang:

The Wildhearts and Sugar coma just totally don't fit in with the rest of Bloodstock. The Wildhearts are punk and Sugar coma are what... nu-metally? They would probably recieve a damn poor reception, they would from me anyway as I think both are crap! :-D

Joe5now said:
The Wildhearts and Sugar coma just totally don't fit in with the rest of Bloodstock. The Wildhearts are punk and Sugar coma are what... nu-metally? They would probably recieve a damn poor reception, they would from me anyway as I think both are crap! :-D

Aye - That be true! We'd just chant Hammerfall! Hammerfall! all through their set
:D