Manowar Hopefully For Bloodstock 2004

stormhart

New Metal Member
Jul 19, 2003
aberdeen scotland
Visit site
Hail Everyone
still recovering from my throat and chest infection but made it back ok thx to everyone i met sorry i was a bit down on Sat.Ok what i need from u is relpys to this thread more the better u can say yes or why u wanna see manowar in the uk.Will email Vince about this.I think Manowar will think about comeing but i think they feel there no longer enough people to come and see them here in the Uk and they are selling out over all over Europe.Manowar have their loyalty to their fans sorted out more than a lot of bands and i think they want to play the Uk again and i feel Bloodstock 2004 would be big enough for them.As i said on Sat i have a contact In Manowar and hopefully i can call a favour in.IF not with Vinces Support and the replys i can try and contact Manowar Management Directly.Seeing Manowar is once in a lifetime exp i have seen them live and they are quality for money and never seen a better live band and time may not come again trust me help Support bringing Manowar to bloodstock 2004 with Vinces permission and we can start with ur replys.I dont wanna get peoples hopes up to high gonna be tough and i need talk to vince first.But iwth ur help and ur friends we can try.

Hail And Kill
Stormhart Aka Marshall.

Manowar would be perfect to headline at Bloodstock next year.

They have a big enough following and have a huge repetoir of very metal songs.

I'd also like to see Dio headlining one of the days next year.

Other bands I'd like to see next year are...

Lordi - Who have never played the UK, but are VERY popular in their native Finland, they won "Best Rock Act" at the last Finnish Music Awards and had a number one last year with the anthemic "Would you love a monsterman?"

Falconer
Kamelot
Lost Horizon
Sinner
Primal Fear
Hammerfall

If they bring over Manowar then they should drag those big-headed Italian wankers Rhapsody over too (Since Joey manages them). Then Alex and Luca might actually start ignoring Limb's advice that there is nothing for them in this country and, like Nightwish, wake up to the fact that they have a bloody audience here!

Hail Everyone
was looking at the replys and I think Rhapsody Hammerfall and Manowar would blow Bloodstock 2004 away.European Epic Metal has really now starting to take major root here in The UK and in my eyes Grps like Manowar Hammerfall Rhapsody Edguy Nightwish Freedom Call Dragonforce Powerquest have taken up the flag for metal and have give all those commercial and weak heavy metal bands a real good kick up The backside.Was blown away by the quality of Dragonforce and powerquest at Bloodstock things are really looking up for UK and UK based bands for us fans.

Hail And Kill
Marshall aka Stormhart :hotjump:

stormhart said:
Seeing Manowar is once in a lifetime exp i have seen them live and they are quality for money and never seen a better live band
True enough, but it's dependent on the night. I've seen some 500 bands over the years, and Manowar rank in my top 5 of all time with a show at Hammersmith. Yet when I've seen them more recently, they've been merely good, rather than stunning. Too much time telling the audience about how great they are, and not enough time spent actually proving it. Still, the Manowar live experience is not one to be missed, and I'd certainly approve of them headlining in '04.

Would love to see Manowar next year they are just perfect for this festival.
Went to see them at the Newcastle Riversise on their last? tour.some 6-7-8 ? years ago trouble is they didnt turn up. The bouncer on the door said one of them had threw a tantrum the night before and refused to come all the way up north for a small show. Anyone know if this is true? (not the image they like to project is it?) or was thare a more valid reason? Anyways 180 mile round trip for nothing and we were GUTTED.

definately need hammerfall, not too sure about others.. bring back blind guardian i saw... need more head lining bands than 2 :) like it was saxon and nightwish this year
MOOOOOOOOORe.... MOOOOORE!

Bearintown said:
Would love to see Manowar next year they are just perfect for this festival.
Went to see them at the Newcastle Riversise on their last? tour.some 6-7-8 ? years ago trouble is they didnt turn up. The bouncer on the door said one of them had threw a tantrum the night before and refused to come all the way up north for a small show. Anyone know if this is true? (not the image they like to project is it?) or was thare a more valid reason? Anyways 180 mile round trip for nothing and we were GUTTED.

Im sorry it happened to u guys 2 we did the same got the train into newcastle to find that the gig has been called off.What i heard was when they go there thr band in the nite before had not taken down there set grrrwol after spening 20 mins to it the startted setting the Manowar set and could not fit half the manowar set up they tried a soundccheck and blew the electrics outsideJoey was very close to killing the manager and in the end it was called off.

MANOWAR! RHAPSODY! HAMMERFALL! get those bands and im there

like to see gama ray and freedom call again too, they ruled at '02

also ive said it onec and ill say it again - TWISED MUTHA FUCKIN SISTER! - I MAY BE A POWER METAL FAN AT HEART BUT IM ALSO A TRUE SMFF OF TS

stormhart said:
Im sorry it happened to u guys 2 we did the same got the train into newcastle to find that the gig has been called off.What i heard was when they go there thr band in the nite before had not taken down there set grrrwol after spening 20 mins to it the startted setting the Manowar set and could not fit half the manowar set up they tried a soundccheck and blew the electrics outsideJoey was very close to killing the manager and in the end it was called off.

Well that sounds better than having a pet lip! I'll forgive them if they play next year.
By the way have the played Britain since that short tour?

ManOwaR would be amazing,but please not Rhapsody. I've had quite enough if them already.

Their "Hollywood" metal just seems too shallow for me.

No real content to their metal.

Don't know about ManOwaR though, it would be great to see them, but the ticket price would probably double, they cancelled Finntroll as support band recently because they wouldn't pay them enough money