More Northern Ontario Black Metal: Empyrean Plague! New CD out now!

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
From our brothers of the north at the WOLVEN ANCESTRY forum:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...yrean-plague-album-out-now-archaic-north.html

New Empyrean Plague Album out now on Archaic North!
Archaic North Entertainment will release the second full-length album from the Canadian black metal band EMPYREAN PLAGUE, titled "Ancestral Embers Shall Burn", on March 1.

"I have always been a fan," says Archaic North Entertainment owner Mark Howitt, "so it is great to have EMPYREAN PLAGUE as a part of our roster. We believe this album to be monumental and are looking forward to some upcoming tours to promote the album."

With the band's latest CD, EMPYREAN PLAGUE stays true to the traditional sound heard on previous releases while adding more folk elements in the form of acoustic guitars and clean vocals. Stepping away from the raw production on older releases, EMPYREAN PLAGUE enlisted the services of Sardonic Moon Studios in Sudbury to provide them with a more refined sound.

For samples or more information, visit http://www.myspace.com/empyreanplague

From Northwest to Northeast Ontario, WOODS is Sault Ste. Marie, WOLVEN ANCESTRY is Sudbury and EMPYREAN PLAGUE is North Bay (I still keep waiting for that pinnacle black metal band from Thunder Bay to surface). A typical year sees 0-1 black metal releases from Northern Ontario. 2009 may see up to 4 (Four!!!).

Knowing what a long process it can be, I'm really proud of these guys for getting this album out! Please support NOBM (Northern Ontario Black Metal) and buy this new CD from Empyrean Plague! The scene up here may be small, but it's real. This new album is yet another important chapter in our young story. Indulge in the art the north forces us to make...by any means and at all costs. :kickass:

Thank you!

David Gold - \w/

I'm definitely gonna check this band out, will definitely support if I dig it. Its sort of nuts the quality of metal coming out of northern Ontario, it actually puts southern Ontario to shame. Well, until I can finally get some quality recordings of my band (coming this summer) :p No but seriously, you guys have a wicked thing going, makes me proud to be an Ontarian!

Holy hell! I just looked them up, and noticed their drummers name, whose last name is the same of a friend of mine, who is also the accompanist of the choir I sing in at school. Anyway, looked him up on facebook, and they're friends, I'm assuming they're related somehow, I'm gonna have to ask. That's ridiculous, small world.