More Soundwave bands announced

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Kind of getting more interested in this now.

We are thrilled to bring you the 2nd and final Soundwave 2011 artist announcement.

Joining Iron Maiden and Queens Of The Stone Age as our headliners is ONE DAY AS A LION, the explosive collaboration between Rage Against The Machine front-man Zack de la Rocha and former Mars Volta drummer Jon Theodore. Their set at the Fuji Festival this year was the undisputed highlight of the festival and we are proud to have secured not 1, but 5 rare appearances by this artist.

Rounding out our new arrivals are triumphant recent visitors BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE and BRING ME THE HORIZON; horror punk killers THE MURDERDOLLS; legendary metal monster DIMMU BORGIR making their Australian debut; punk rock gods MILLENCOLIN presenting their seminal album Pennybridge Pioneers (and more); prog rock’s finest flag fliers COHEED & CAMBRIA; and a band whose amazing live shows needs little introduction to Australian audiences, THE AMITY AFFLICTION.

Add to that FEEDER, H2O, THE ROCKET SUMMER, SAXON, SILVERSTEIN, FUCKED UP and WE THE KINGS and you have an announcement worthy of being its own festival!

http://www.soundwavefestival.com/news/soundwave-2011-second-announcement

Trivia note: I don't think I've heard more than one Saxon song (Rock 'n' Roll Gypsy). Probably more than that, just don't realise it.

Dimmu! They'd be good to see. And Saxon! They were great when I saw them a couple of years ago.

Trent likes Murderdolls, doesn't he? I'll check them out if they don't clash with anyone else cool, but this year I spent almost the whole day at the metal stage anyway.

Denim & Leather too Spiff! Saxon had a slighty more commercial period where they tried to make a bigger impact on the American market. Innocence is no excuse is a solid polished album from the early stages of that period which peaked with keyboard drenched Destiny but they still had some good tracks IMO on that one.
From Innocence

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3r0emrV_8E&feature=related[/ame] From Crusader

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtpSl1dm_fw&feature=related[/ame]
From Denim & Leather live @Wacken & AWESOME!

Last edited by a moderator:
sw11nswtt.jpg

God damn lineup clashes...
Mostly Protest The Hero right in the middle of Iron Maiden :(

Hopefully they play a pretty predictable set list and I can work out when I won't mind missing a few songs to see PTH mid-Maiden.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Kylesa either. Oh well. Sucked in to A7X. They saw the running sheet and went, "Oh fuck!" But they were originally offered an earlier set, which they knocked back because they wanted to play at night. I guess no one told them at in the middle of summer, it doesn't get dark until 8.30 or so and also IRON FUCKING MAIDEN was headlining, not them.

Guys ... any suggestions as to where to stay so its easy to be to Eastern Creek, Blacktown, ,Penrirth back in the CBD, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ....as I have never been there nor experienced the congestion that is bound to be experienced with so may paeople trying to get to one destination