More toy nostalgia in this thread

oh man, i asked for freddy's glove like THREE christmases and birthdays in a row, and my parents WOULD NOT get it for me...argh. that, after the AT-AT, may be my greatest toy regret.

Originally posted by xfer
oh man, i asked for freddy's glove like THREE christmases and birthdays in a row, and my parents WOULD NOT get it for me...argh. that, after the AT-AT, may be my greatest toy regret.

Yeah! I knew one kid who had an AT-AT, and he was a fucking cocksucker.

(Independent of his ownership of the AT-AT, which would have qualified him anyway)

Later in life, he used to brag about how fast he drove. Then he got a speeding ticket doing 75 mph on a 25 mph residential street. AND CRIED HIS WAY OUT OF IT.

ok, why is it that the American movie industry has produced like 99% of the greatest movies ever, yet the "American" version of a film is invariably shittier than the foreign version?

(excepting Vanilla Sky, which was ten times better than Abres los Ojos)

No, I didn't mean to say that the Pacino thing was bad. It's just that the Norwegian version is a lot subtler, more complex. I just thought it was a lot more interesting. But the Pacino version is good, too.

Mainly I just wonder why those remakes have to happen. Are people really that scared of subtitles?

I saw an advance screening of The Ring last night. It was actually a good case for doing a remake, as it took out some elements that probably wouldn't have flown for an American audience. They did completely fuck up one scene, but all in all it ain't half bad. Fusoya would definitely dig it, I think.

Now I've completely perverted Josh's thread. Here's an apology:

lava_man_1_crop.jpg

"My b."