Morningrise picture LP

Another question...
I recall reading in an interview (i think it was an issue of LotFP) that Micke was speaking of bootleg LPs.. this must have been before the displeased releases. Has anybody seen these vinyl bootlegs?

I haven't read anything about Morningrise, but several years back, there used to be an Orchid pic LP that would show up on mailorder lists once in a while. I tried ordering it a few times but it would always turn up as out of stock or backorder, etc.

I vaugely recall asking Mikael about it, but he didn't have it either. Said it was some bootleg or something. But all this time later I tend to doubt it exists at all.

As far as Morningrise, there is a rare edition (cd) of it on a Japaneese label. It doesn't have any bonus tracks or anything, but it's cool as a collector. Has the Japaneese obi and lyrics in Japan, so I was very satisfied for the $. :)

Originally posted by Windom Pearl
It´s an LP with a picture printed on it. One of the most idiotic inventions of our time. You can´t see the picture when the LP is rolling and when not listened it´s hidden in it´s box.

Actually pic LPs weren't really made to be played, they don't play as well as regular LPs, and I keep the few i have on walls with a nail through the hole to display the picture as if it were a work of art, not in boxes. and for whoever said they've never seen one:

lp.jpg

-iz