MORTYR - Rise of the Tyrant CD

StormSpell

Sep 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
www.stormspell.com
Another one of the many ongoing projects we managed finally to find a singer for. This one is an old-school thrash metal in the vein of Dark Angel, Nuclear Assault, and Slayer, just to name a few, with rough Germanesque vokills, courtesy of Jank (Livet Som Insats).

Funny trivia: the artwork resemblance with one North Korean leader is purely coincidental by the way. Both the art and the album title were conceived long before that quack surfaced on the political scene...

Audio samples - still work in progress:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any bio for MORTYR available? This is the most enigmatic band I've recently heard of...

Not really, it is a studio project done about two years ago. All needed was vocals, which Jank finally stepped in and helped with. I may come up with some small bio when we start promoting it, although keeping it "mysterious" would make it even more appealing to the masses

Not really, it is a studio project done about two years ago. All needed was vocals, which Jank finally stepped in and helped with. I may come up with some small bio when we start promoting it, although keeping it "mysterious" would make it even more appealing to the masses

that ALWAYS works. I made a living off of it for at least 5 years.

Well, I don't really want to create next Ghost or Tales of Medusa - its more that we really don't have much bio for it. Just your average metalhead dude sitting in his home studio cranking some old-school thrash tunes. That's about it :)