Most anticipated PPUSA XX replacement?

Which replacement band do you look forward to seeing the most?

• Paladin

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • While Heaven Wept

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Theocracy

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Sanctuary

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NorseBlood

franks n steins
Nov 6, 2013
Smashville
This year we have four excellent bands replacing bands that were originally invited to play the festival but who could not make it. Here is a summary of this year's woes:

Wind Rose: Inconsistencies in the visa process are the culprit causing major delays in visa processing times. There is simply no method to the USCIS madness at times.

Iron Mask: "Due to unforeseen circumstances, the band is going through a membership change. This change has the potential to affect their visa application. Given the risk and potential financial implications involved, we believe it best to err on the side of caution. Once the band’s roster is solidified and new music released, we will indeed revisit their invitation to perform at the festival in the future. "

Secret Sphere & Ancient Bards: Had their visa petitions APPROVED FOR WEEKS, but the delays caused by USCIS in processing visas across the board this year have caused the consulates overseas to be backed up as well. Because of that, neither band was able to secure appointments at their consulate in Milano.

Pretty Maids
: Forced to cancel due to the recent change in band personnel. It would have been impossible to obtain a visa in time for the new member without jeopardizing the band application.

So that sums up this year's difficulties in a nutshell. However, the bands scheduled to replace those who couldn't make it are excellent. There can be many different reasons for wanting to see a band: bucket list band, you've seen the others, you're their #1 fan, curiosity, etc etc.. For whatever reason, which one of these replacement bands do you look forward to seeing the most?

I was originally only planning to attend the Friday & Saturday shows. However, when I heard Theocracy was playing on Wednesday, I knew I had to see their set. Furthermore, seeing Sanctuary is a bonus since I caught them open up for Iced Earth last year and was very impressed.

BTW, how messed up is it that there are enough replacement bands to do a decent poll out of it?

Nonetheless, it speaks volumes about how great Glenn and Co. are able to roll with the punches and still deliver quality music