Most difficult CoB song to play

mask of sanity is more difficult than kissing the shadows by far. I learned KTS from beginning to end. I couldn't handle mask

Kissing the Shadows is generally accepted as being the hardest. I'm not sure what I personally consider hardest though, definately not Kissing the Shadows (as I can actually play it), probably whichever song has the most sweeping in it would be toughest for me... I'm comfortable with 3 string sweeps and with a LOT of practice I can get the 5/6 string sweeps down but it's probably my weakest technique at the moment.

You can play KTS but you have big problems with 5/6 strings sweeps? You mean you can just play the rythm guitars, or? Because int the solos are 6 or 7 of those sweepings ;)

This also makes me wonder which songs you guys think are the easiest ones. I think Are You Dead Yet is probaby the easiest one, overall, that I've tried to learn. And Downfall is pretty easy... Actually, flip those two. Downfall is the easiest, and AYDY is also pretty easy. As far as the solos that I know how to play, I can get the Punch Me I Bleed solo closest to being up to speed.

What do you guys think? Especially in terms of solos?
Pretty much every song till Roope joined the band was easy to learn (the rythm guitars). And for solos... maybe AYDY.

You can play KTS but you have big problems with 5/6 strings sweeps? You mean you can just play the rythm guitars, or? Because int the solos are 6 or 7 of those sweepings ;)
No, the leads, I practiced the solos manically to get those sweeps down but I'm still not 100% comfortable with them, they sound right but I have to really focus on what I'm doing.
With alternate picking I don't really have to think about my right hand at all (or for the most part my left), it just does it. With sweeping I have to really pay attention (especially when learning a new shape or changing the starting place of that shape), so my problem with sweeping lies in improving my muscle memory.

I am not good enough to say what is the hardest song to play.

But what is the easiest (if u can say this) song to play for u ??

I am not good enough to say what is the hardest song to play.

But what is the easiest (if u can say this) song to play for u ??
Bed of Razors is pretty easy.
Downfall is also easy (except the solo)

Triple Corpse Hammerblow always gets me, as well as kissing the shadows, though i've got my head around both, they still challenge me.

The only difficulty with downfall solo it's its speed, not everyone can play clear sixteenths at 200bpm.
Or I'm just trying to justify myself for being shit guitarist. :)

Gonna have to say KTS is probably the hardest. AYDY is the easiest IMO, it was the first CoB song I learned and could play the whole way through (solo and all). Bed of Razors is also easy, and Triple Corpse Hammerblow. The solos in TCH were surprisingly easy for me.

Now I think DWEDFN is one of the trickiest songs. I've re-learned it today again and it's the song where I need the longest time for rythm and solos... KTS was much easier to learn

hey guys i think you forget about the nail the final sweeps on that oen are fucking sick tough i don't think they compare to kissing the shadows 5 strings sweeps
also alot have posted about downfall and as far as the rythm and the lead on the chorus are easy but alot of my medium exprience guitar player friends played downfall with the solo sounding like shit
i can do it but is not fucking easy specially reach the th 24 fret and get back to the 17 in quaters of seconds