Most Violent mix i've ever done

Im only listening on laptop speakers but it seems that it's pumping quite a bit, might be worth checking into that unless these are lying to me

i agree its pumping

ive been trying to figure out how to stop it on the master compresser, but its literally compressing -3 ish db on the SSL trying to smooth it is becoming a nightmare

i agree its pumping

ive been trying to figure out how to stop it on the master compresser, but its literally compressing -3 ish db on the SSL trying to smooth it is becoming a nightmare

SCRATCH THAT! i think i've fathomed it :)

too much distortion on the wrong things and wayyy too much pumping.... the mix has no air or atmosphere.... hmmmmm...

i'd suggest a total remix.

it has nothing to do with the master , the mix itself need be remixed
listen to some King Conquer mixes (frogot the dude from this forum who do their mixes) - pretty violent mix

ps : imo the music itself isnt that violent :p

it has nothing to do with the master , the mix itself need be remixed
listen to some King Conquer mixes (frogot the dude from this forum who do their mixes) - pretty violent mix

ps : imo the music itself isnt that violent :p

Charles J did it...just above haha

i know there music isnt that violent but im just going off what they asked for,

so i hear you saying remix it right :)

but i dont hear you guys saying why and what elements should be changed. maybe my ears are just completely shot :(

I agree that starting from scratch may be your best bet. The song has tons of potential but the entire thing sounds like it's being ran through an overdrive pedal. As far as the drums go, all I can hear is kick and snare; the overheads are completely lost. Just get the mix as loud and as clear as possible without any of your tracks clipping and then just rely on the mastering to get that extra bit of volume and sheen.

I agree just to ditch this mix and start from scratch. It doesn't sound violent at all, it just sounds like a pumpy, distorted mess. Properly mixed I think it has potential.

Not a mix issue at all. It's everything to do with the master chain.

i wouldn't say the mix has NOTHING to do with it, but the master definitely has MORE to do with it...

@Internity: i mixed all the King Conquer stuff along with a slew of otherwise 'violent' sounding mixes for other bands...... =D

the kick is totaly overpowering everything.
I think you have a lot of low engery you might not even hear (below 50hz for example) which kills all the headroom and makes the mix pump.

I would also suggest start from stratch.

Load some of your references into your DAW and analyse it.
Take parts were only guitars are playing, bass only, drums only and stuff.

Look what frequencies are moving.
And try to make your mix move the same frequencies.

hope this helps

the kick is totaly overpowering everything.
I think you have a lot of low engery you might not even hear (below 50hz for example) which kills all the headroom and makes the mix pump.

I would also suggest start from stratch.

Load some of your references into your DAW and analyse it.
Take parts were only guitars are playing, bass only, drums only and stuff.

Look what frequencies are moving.
And try to make your mix move the same frequencies.

hope this helps

More than you know dude :)

NSGUITAR is a godsend too. Helped me tonnes with this!