Motheboard fan died.

hypocrisy86

They All Knew Golgotha...
Feb 20, 2004
Texas
i got a dell dimension 4300 1.6ghz.

And the main fan died, PLUS the connector on the board came off
does anyone know of a heatsink that could fit my board?

I already looked on the net, not much info.... :(

here is what my board looks like.

71_1_b.JPG

5a_1.JPG

Hmm, sometimes it says directly on the motherboard what kind it is, but I see there that it only says Dell.

Well, it seems to be a socket 478, at least I've checked around for references to it. Although, it might not be about that exact package.

Does your computer stand up vertically or horizontally?

Hmm, your Dell seems kind of old though, dunno if socket 478 is supported anymore though. Just look for a fan that goes with an intel socket 478 motherboard. Pretty sure that its no harder then that, besides the 478 being outdated.

Karmic said:
Hmm, sometimes it says directly on the motherboard what kind it is, but I see there that it only says Dell.

Well, it seems to be a socket 478, at least I've checked around for references to it. Although, it might not be about that exact package.

Does your computer stand up vertically or horizontally?

Hmm, your Dell seems kind of old though, dunno if socket 478 is supported anymore though. Just look for a fan that goes with an intel socket 478 motherboard. Pretty sure that its no harder then that, besides the 478 being outdated.

it is a mid tower case, the mobo stands on its side in the case.
on the old 8100 the p4 was socket 423 but this one is suppose to be 478.

Phrozenspite said:
the intel standard is LGA775 now, but socket 478 stuff is still made... google the program CPUZ and tell us what your Motherboard is also do you mean the CPU heatsink or one of the north/south bridge fans?

The main processor fan, and heatsink.

the connector broke so i need to connect it using a plain 4 psu plug, the one you use for an AGP 8or4x.

I got it to work, i took it to a goodwill store and spent 15$ for a guy to get a fan installed on it.

Liverslapper said:
also if you need any other execeries *cant spell* go to pricewatch.com

Pricewatch is kool, i kept forgetting about it lol, i got confused with that and pricegrabber.