Motley Crue Carnival of Sins Live DVD

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Motley Crue-Carnival of Sins Live
By: Sixxswine
Being a hardcore Motley fan from years back, it’s gonna be hard to give an unbiased review of their new DVD, but I will do my best. Carnival of Sins Live captured live from their reunion tour. Having caught them live myself on this tour, it sounds like there are no overdubs on here, Vince sounds better than he has on his last solo or previous Crue tours. No longer do you have the Vince that sings a verse and the audience sings the other. He looks better since his make over, but shows signs of years of wear and tear. Speaking of wear and tear, Mick Mars, God bless him, despite his degenerative disease he’s still on stage putting on a show. Mick doesn’t miss a lick and though he’s forced to stand in place, like Kurt Cobain’s lifeless carcass, he still gets the crowd in the mood. Nikki Sixx is Motley Crue, most importantly he is Rock ‘N Roll, and he hasn’t lost anything. Tommy Lee has returned to the fold and sounds better than ever, Motley Crue’s backbone is back. One this that Nikki hasn’t done is a solo, on this tour it’s more of a break for the other guys, than a solo, as it’s more visual than anything. I wasn’t really impressed. Tommy Lee has always been known for his outrageous solos, this time he pulls a Peter Pan, starts on the floor and heads to the top of the big top, from one set to another. Again, he’s got nothing to prove, but you judge for yourself.

On to the features, this is a double DVD set that is housed in a gorgeous digipak, which also includes a poster of the artwork. Disc one is the show in it’s entirety, the camera work is spectacular, the sound is exceptional, the set clocks in at 130 minutes and features the hits, but also stuff that hasn’t been played in years. It’s great to hear “Louder than Hell” and “On with the Show” in the set again. KISS always claims to have offered the fans a show they can’t touch what Motley Crue did on the Sins tour. It does bring this circus type atmosphere to you, complete with midgets, trapeze artists, a big top and clowns. If you weren’t there, this will make you feel like you were. Disc two is full of extras, like an informative documentary on the making of, a chapter dedicated to racks, behind the scenes at the fan meet and greets, and closing with the music videos for the “Red, White and Crue” collection, “If I Die Tomorrow,” and “Sick Love Song.” Carnival of Sins Live is a great document of the reunion tour, but is also a perfect introduction to budding rock ‘n roll fans.

not only do i have the dvd i was there it was awesome i think it enhances the feeling of the dvd if youve been to one of the band's concerts