Motley Crue, Whitesnake And Poison In Massive Australian Tour

Just out of curiosity, when's the last time Motley Crue toured locally on the back of their own reputation instead of doing a massively overpriced joint show?

McManus Entertainment is thrilled to announce hard rockin' metal giants, Mötley Crüe, are hitting the road.

Featuring the original line-up of Vince Neil on vocals, Mick Mars on guitar, Nikki Sixx on bass and Tommy Lee on drums, Motley Crue are coming back to Australia in September.

“This is going to be a rockin’ gig! The amount of e-mails I have received from fans begging to put on a show like this has been overwhelming. The fans spoke, we listened and it’s going to rock! To have all these guys on the one bill is huge! Australia, get ready to rock,” said promoter Andrew McManus.

Mötley Crüe have sold more than 80 million records worldwide and are most famous for their hits ‘Dr Feelgood’, ‘Girls, Girls, Girls’, ‘Kickstart My Heart’, ‘Smokin’ In The Boys Room’ and ‘Shout At The Devil’.

You’ve been warned Australia … Mötley Crüe are back! And this time they’re bringing Bret Michaels with them. Bret Michaels first rose to fame as lead singer of metal band Poison, one of rock’s most iconic and enduring bands. Poison, along with Mötley Crüe, defined the fast, gritty and glamorous rock scene of the ‘80s. Poison have sold more than 30 million records worldwide and have given us the hits ‘Nothin’ But a Good Time’ and ‘Every Rose Has Its Thorn’. Bret Michaels is also the star of the ‘Rock of Love’ TV series and 2010 ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ winner.

Doc Neeson will also be appearing with Mötley Crüe and Bret Michaels. As the voice of The Angels, Doc Neeson has had major success with singles including ‘Am I Ever Going To See Your Face Again’, ‘Take A Long Line’ and ‘Shadow Boxer’.

You're asking me as if I know. I don't, I only knew that the tour would happen, not the finer details. I was told by my friend at McManus that Motley Crue was coming out, and even he wasn't sure about anything else. I can only speculate that there was some kind of clash, whether it be of schedules or personalities, who knows? Whitesnake is a far stronger live prospect than Motley, who have fallen back on Lee's upside-down drumkit trick now apparently, probably to give Neil and Sixx some time away from each other and poor old Mick a bit of a rest. Nikki's no fool. I'm sure he'd be aware than any band with Coverdale in it would murder almost anyone on stage, and the Crue aren't up to it anymore. But that's just me talking. They weren't that great when they were here last time, and I don't believe they will have improved. Plus, this is two days before Soundwave. Considering they're doing the Ent Cent this time and filled Acer on the last tour, they're not expecting fireworks.