Motorhead Shows

Doodoobubbachuck

Maidens' drums
Aug 2, 2002
theironmaidens.com
Hey all, if you're looking for something to do this week and are in CA or NV, come on down to see Motohead! I am sitting in with my former original Phantom Blue guitarist's new band from Sweden called Meldrum, and we are playing first on all these Motorhead dates:

House of Blues Hollywood - TONIGHT!
HOB San Diego - Thurs 9
HOB Anaheim - Fri 10
HOB Las Vegas -Sat 11

Fun stuff!

I'll be at the gig on Friday in Anaheim.

My girlfriend is having some surgery on Fri afternoon, so we will be sitting somewhere on the balcony in their makeshift handicapped section. I will be the one in Purgatory t-shirt. Come on by and say hello if you like. :kickass:

LOL Jenna! There were some people asking us that too there, but it's a completely different genre of music and there's only one guitarist. We had a chuckle thinking about it tho. :)

Puckfiend, I'll look for ya and say hi! I think we're on at 8:30 sharp.

The band Manntis also played last night. Really nice people. They're on Century Media. Tomorrow night My Ruin is on the bill. Motorhead sounded great! I was particularly inspired by the drum solo Mikkey did. Wow. :kickass:
I met David Grohl and gave him a The Iron Maidens CD. He was happy! :headbang:
Thanks Liz and Sara (and Charles) for making my night complete! Much love to you girls! And thanks Mark and Chris for your help. It's funny to see our manager and #1 tech man sitting there with nothing to do but enjoy the night - they just can't do it!!! They get all stir crazy and they have to work! LOL! :)

Doodoobubbachuck said:
LOL Jenna! There were some people asking us that too there, but it's a completely different genre of music and there's only one guitarist. We had a chuckle thinking about it tho. :)

Puckfiend, I'll look for ya and say hi! I think we're on at 8:30 sharp.

The band Manntis also played last night. Really nice people. They're on Century Media. Tomorrow night My Ruin is on the bill. Motorhead sounded great! I was particularly inspired by the drum solo Mikkey did. Wow. :kickass:
I met David Grohl and gave him a The Iron Maidens CD. He was happy! :headbang:
Thanks Liz and Sara (and Charles) for making my night complete! Much love to you girls! And thanks Mark and Chris for your help. It's funny to see our manager and #1 tech man sitting there with nothing to do but enjoy the night - they just can't do it!!! They get all stir crazy and they have to work! LOL! :)

Oh well, one could hope eh??

Sounds like you had a great night and nice one about meeting Dave Grohl - I love him, he's an awesome bloke!

Went to see Motorhead on Fri at HOB!! :Smokin:

It was such a great night. The place was sold out and just packed. Thanks to accidents along the way, Sara & I just barely made it as Linda and the girls from Meldrum started their set. I'm glad I didn't miss it! I enjoyed their set and Linda killed it - man, that girl can play!!! :kickass: My Ruin was excellent, too.

What can you say about Motorhead? It was the first time I'd seen them live and I could kick myself for taking so long to do it. They're one of the greatest live bands I've ever seen! :worship: Hard to believe there were only 3 guys up there - the sound is just so massive and full. Mikkey D is a furious drummer - Philip is an incredible guitar player - I just adore his playing - and Lemmy is...Lemmy! There's really no one like him!

I was so honored when Mark told me that Philip & Lemmy had invited me to sing with the band, along with Moa (the singer from Meldrum) on "Killed By Death" That was AMAZING and so much fun!!!! I really hope some pictures surface because I wasn't expecting it and hadn't brought a camera to capture the moment.

Thanks Motorhead and thanks to my dearest GF, Linda, for making it a night I'll never forget !:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Hurry home Linda - we wanna hear how the Vegas gig went! I heard that was one completely sold out as well.

Air Raid Siren said:
I really hope some pictures surface because I wasn't expecting it and hadn't brought a camera to capture the moment.

That was me & my girlfriend in front row of the balcony that you sat with for a few songs. That was very cool meeting you, Aja!

I only had my cell phone camera, sorry they aren't better. The first two are during 'Killed By Death' with you on stage:

Motorhead01.jpg

Motorhead02.jpg

Motorhead03.jpg

Motorhead04.jpg

Motorhead05.jpg

Steph Harris said:
I'm so bummed I missed it! I started getting sick on Monday and got progressively worse ..I was hoping to start feeling better by Friday but no such luck. It seems like every time I'm sick, I have to miss something cool...:mad:

We missed you too, girl!!! That sore throat thing is the pits - it just drags on and on......

Thanks, Pucky, for posting the pics and sharing your seat me! :)
I tried to get back out to the Meldrum merch table after the show but it was so crazy! By the time I got there, most peeps had left. Sorry I missed you guys. Next time!

Air Raid Siren said:

It was such a great night. The place was sold out and just packed. Thanks to accidents along the way, Sara & I just barely made it as Linda and the girls from Meldrum started their set. I'm glad I didn't miss it! I enjoyed their set and Linda killed it - man, that girl can play!!! :kickass: My Ruin was excellent, too.

What can you say about Motorhead? It was the first time I'd seen them live and I could kick myself for taking so long to do it. They're one of the greatest live bands I've ever seen! :worship: Hard to believe there were only 3 guys up there - the sound is just so massive and full. Mikkey D is a furious drummer - Philip is an incredible guitar player - I just adore his playing - and Lemmy is...Lemmy! There's really no one like him!

I was so honored when Mark told me that Philip & Lemmy had invited me to sing with the band, along with Moa (the singer from Meldrum) on "Killed By Death" That was AMAZING and so much fun!!!! I really hope some pictures surface because I wasn't expecting it and hadn't brought a camera to capture the moment.

Thanks Motorhead and thanks to my dearest GF, Linda, for making it a night I'll never forget !:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Hurry home Linda - we wanna hear how the Vegas gig went! I heard that was one completely sold out as well.

How loud are Motorhead?!?!? I was deaf for a week after I saw them!!! That is so awesome you got to sing on Killed By Death, I love that song!!!! :headbang: Would love to hear any boots that anyone has of it!

Air Raid Siren said:

It was also my first time seeing them live and I'm still a little wired from it all. And yeah, I wish I could say, like one of those guys standing next to me, "When I saw Motorhead in 88' . . ." But you know, thank whatever gods may be for preserving Lemme for so long.

The music was so loud, I felt it throbbing in my gut (particularly Mikkey's drum solo), and isn't that just the closest you can get to all their talent without swapping body fluids?

Looking around some of the Motorhead forums, it looks like they were delivering a little something extra at the Anaheim show. A fan of some twenty-seven years said that he's was fairly blown away by Lemme's playing that night. Lucky us.

Unfortunately, I missed Linda playing with Meldrum. But what a treat to see Aja up there singing "Killed by Death"!

Wow, what a week that was! It's good to be back I gotta say. Many props to Motorhead! Those guys are incredible and LOUD!!!!!!! Most of all, they are wonderful people who still know what it means to help others out and giving bands like Meldrum a chance to hit the road with them. If you guys get a moment, please do check out Meldrum at www.meldrum.nu They're a great band and I'm thankful for the opportunity they gave me to be on this Motorhead jaunt with them and allow me to share this experience with my gal pals in the Maidens. *Cheers girls!* Aja sounded great on stage with the guys! Puckfiend, I went to the balcony for a little while but had to hit the merch booth. It was indeed a crazy night. I've come out of this with more knowledge, experiences I won't ever forget, been reunited with many people from my past again, and a huge head cold and major sinus infection. Blegh.!:zombie: :puke: :loco: :) . Wouldn't change a thing! So please forgive if this is very scattered! There were lots of TIMS fans in Vegas! That was great!!

Off to bed. :saint:

BeckyinLB said:
It was also my first time seeing them live and I'm still a little wired from it all.

Looking around some of the Motorhead forums, it looks like they were delivering a little something extra at the Anaheim show. A fan of some twenty-seven years said that he's was fairly blown away by Lemme's playing that night. Lucky us.

quote]

YES! There was DEFINITELY something in the air in Anaheim! That night was just on fire!! You picked an excellent night to get a first dose of Motorhead!! Cheers!

I was at the San Diego show and loved it...the Drummer for THEIRONMAIDENS was cool. I bought their cd and listened to it on my way back to Iraq and loved it! I was actually in Las Vegas the day of the show there, but had to fly to Dallas enroute to Kuwait, so couldn't make the show.

this the mighty EAGLE flying high again...\m/

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Puckfiend, I went to the balcony for a little while but had to hit the merch booth. It was indeed a crazy night.

No worries. I asked Aja if you were around when she sat down with us. We'll see ya at your next show in O.C. and make sure to say hi. :)