movies of the weekend: the anniversary party, bowling for columbine, and half of...

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
...Road to Perdition.

Bowling for Columbine was very Michael Moore, not nearly as good as Roger & Me but still periodically very good (and, of course, periodically stupid...at the beginning, he goes into a bank that's giving away hunting rifles if you open a CD account, and gets one, and then asks the teller "Don't you think it's a little dangerous to be giving away guns...in a bank?" Then loud music starts and you're supposed to be like HAHA WOW HOW STUPID OF THEM, but the answer that hangs in the air is "Um...no?"). The best scenes were when he was actually filmmmaking, and not drawing stupid conclusions, like showing the security video inside Columbine (super-creepy), filming all the poverty around Flint, Michigan, and letting people condemn themselves...like Terry Nichols' insane brother, who screams and raves about THE GUMMINT and the right to bear arms, but when asked if people should be allowed to have nuclear weapons, he thinks for a moment, and then regretfully says, "Well...there's a lot of wackos out there."

The Anniversary Party was the best of the three, REALLY well-acted and awkward at parts, and all MDMA-ed up later. Alan Cumming is pretty rad.

I fell asleep last night at around 3:00something with about forty minutes left in Road to Perdition, but it seemed periodically decent and periodically bad, although the acting was good.