Mr. Big

hahaha, there are no dirty productions with digital technology (well, except maybe Metallica's St. Anger but that was idiots f*cking stuff up honestly mixing wise). despite what they are saying about "live" tracking this record has so many overdubs it's quite far from live setting. it's anything but raw and dirty. i can hear everything clearly, maybe not at levels you or i may truly prefer but it's surely not dirty. the drums were digitally edited and re-sampled. they just tried to make it sound more raw and live, but it's still same full production (with overdubs, editing, auto tune correction) they always have maybe with a bit less of the cheese.

THANK YOU Matt!! That's exactly what it is...

I was reading comments on this album over at MR.com Noticeboard...never in my life have I seen so many "armchair-Mutt-Lange" types who base so much of their enjoyment of music around the production quality of an album. Many times, these albums are exactly as Matt described...you can hear everything, nothing is blurred or distorted...it sounds good. Yet, because it doesn't sound like Hysteria or the Black Album (who has that kind of money these days?) or whatever standard they hold everything else to, "oh, it's muddy...it's poorly produced" and my personal favorite "it's sub-par"...I want to smack people with a brick when they say stupid shit like that...LOL!

It sounds fine to me also. I'm just a little disappointed in the material. Theres some good shit there, but theres also alot more filler than Mr Big is known for. I compare it just slightly above the Mr Big with Ritchie Kotzen era, not awful but not awfully good either. It will get random listens from time to time, but it won't be a must listen when I think Mr Big