MSG American Tour

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
First of all there is a Portland date, but if you recall he cancelled last fall and there was a date in Portland....
Anyway here's the rest of the dates... There is a chance I will get to catch him twice within a month if I wind up on a road trip to So Cal...

More MSG U.S. and U.K. Dates: According to Blabbermouth, MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP is returning to the U.S. and Canada for a summer tour. Support on all dates will come from San Francisco-based guitar virtuoso Doug Doppler, signed to Steve Vai's Favored Nations label. This tour will run June 14 to July 21. MSG's schedule is now shaping up as follows:

Thu 06/14/07 Santa Rosa, CA, U.S.A. Last Day Saloon
Fri 06/15/07 Portland, OR, U.S.A. Outlaws
Sun 06/17/07 Seattle, WA, U.S.A. Studio Seven
Wed 06/20/07 Ventura, CA, U.S.A. Ventura Theatre
Thu 06/21/07 Los Angeles, CA, U.S.A. Key Club Venue Ad ticket
Fri 06/22/07 Santa Ana, CA, U.S.A. Galaxy Theatre
Sat 06/23/07 Santa Clara, CA, U.S.A. The Avalon
Sun 06/24/07 Sacramento, CA, U.S.A. Hard Rock Live
Sun 07/01/07 Dallas, TX, U.S.A. Granada Theatre
Thu 07/05/07 Milwaukeee WI, U.S.A. Shank Hall Venue Ad ticket
Fri 07/06/07 Detroit, MI, U.S.A. I-Rock
Mon 07/09/07 Chicago, IL, U.S.A. House Of Blues (w/ ENUFF Z'NUFF) Venue Ad ticket
Thu 07/12/07 Allentown, PA, U.S.A. Crocodile Rock
Sat 07/14/07 Hartford, CT, U.S.A. Webster Theatre
Sun 07/15/07 Poughkeepsie, NY, U.S.A. The Chance
Thu 07/19/07 Long Island, NY, U.S.A. Mulchay's
Sat 07/21/07 West Springfield, VA, U.S.A. Jaxx Venue Ad

Didn't he "retire" from all music related stuff last year, when the last bunch of shows was cancelled? MS is HIGH maintenance!
(Saw hin on the 2nd solo album tour, what a GREAT show that was, they OPENED for Molly Hatchet....(???!!!)

Didn't he "retire" from all music related stuff last year, when the last bunch of shows was cancelled? MS is HIGH maintenance!
(Saw hin on the 2nd solo album tour, what a GREAT show that was, they OPENED for Molly Hatchet....(???!!!)

I don't know if he retired, but he did cancel the tour and lost the entire band with the exception of his Keyboardist and guitarist. He's got issues, that and he owes tons of child support and his ex vows to get even...
I would not rule out another cancellation of this tour. Last time around he blamed it on the singer having family issues.
I got a chance to interview former bassist Rev Jones and he spoke about the situation with MSG in depth... Just in case you missed it:
http://webzine.pivotalalliance.com/...ull&id=1168492301&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1

[/quote]
More MSG U.S. and U.K. Dates: According to Blabbermouth, MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP is returning to the U.S. and Canada for a summer tour. [/quote]

Where are the dates in Canada??? I'd love to have the chance to see Schenker live at least once in my life.

I'm not too concerned about the singer, it's about two things Schneker's metal status and if that's in check then he always has a solid band behind him playing those classic fucking songs!

Yeah absolutely, hell the name of the group pretty much tells everyone who it's all about but I was just commenting on this bit:
sixxswine said:
he did cancel the tour and lost the entire band with the exception of his Keyboardist and guitarist
:)

Jani Tiura isn´t, in my opinion, a good singer for MSG with the set list they use to play. He got high pitched vocals that doesn´t fit too much into UFO classics. Maybe they could recover some of the McAuley Schenker Group tunes (specially from "Save yourself"). I prefer Gary Barden years (and obviously UFO) but I´m curious of listening that songs live with Jani Tiura. Finish Jani isn´t a frontman, it´s only the guy that sings. Chris Logan was far better

I don't know if he retired, but he did cancel the tour and lost the entire band with the exception of his Keyboardist and guitarist. He's got issues, that and he owes tons of child support and his ex vows to get even...
I would not rule out another cancellation of this tour. Last time around he blamed it on the singer having family issues.
I got a chance to interview former bassist Rev Jones and he spoke about the situation with MSG in depth... Just in case you missed it:
http://webzine.pivotalalliance.com/...ull&id=1168492301&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1

I expected nothing less. I guess it's safe to say he won't be on THIS alleged tour? ;)

I saw MSG about 9 months ago in Glasgow and he was AMAZING. It was in a small club as well, maybe holding about 300 max, and it was crammed but I dont know how I managed it but one minute I was right at the back of the bar and the next minute I was right in front of the stage just before MSG came on. I thought Jani Tiura was really good, loved his voice and he belted out those classics superbly. It was especially awesome when he came right over to me and sang ONLY YOU CAN ROCK ME, ROCK ME, three times into my face. The setlist was right in front of me and there were about 16 songs on it but there were a few crossed out and he only played about 12 maximum and was only on the stage for just over one hour, so that was a bit of a bummer - but overall yeah fantastic performance. ROCK BOTTOM WAS NOTHING SHORT OF ORGASMIC!!! I'd definitely love to check him oot again!

I meant in the prevoius post that Jani Tiura is good. When I saw MSG in Madrid he did OK but I prefer Logan.

However, listening "On and on", "Victim of illusion" or "Attack of the mad axeman" is always overwhelming. That´s why i think Michael shouldn´t base his set lists in UFO songs. In his career he has written enough songs to play live. 2 o 3 UFO classics, no more! Besides, UFO does european tour every year.