MTV's Artist Of The Week: Testament (5/19/08)!!!

ms. anthrope

back off, mofo...
Feb 12, 2002
s.f. bay area
www.msanthrope.com
For Immediate Release

May 21, 2008

TESTAMENT ARTIST OF THE WEEK; FEATURED ON MTV.COM’S BUZZWORTHY…MORE 52 / 52 FOOTAGE AVAILABLE ONLINE!! PLUS, WEEK 3 BILLBOARD CHARTING AND #1 AT RADIO AGAIN!!!

Legendary metal band Testament is featured as MTV.com’s Buzzworthy Artist of the Week right now! Check out http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/2008/05/19/artist-of-the-week-testament/ for Testament’s Buzzworthy page. The band is the focus of this MTV’s 52 / 52 programming for this week, with extras available online at http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1587590&vid=233449.

Headbangersblog.com is offering Testament fanatics EVEN MORE footage of the band. The clips are available at http://headbangersblog.mtv.com/2008...wont-see-on-mtvs-artist-of-the-week-spotlight.

Rhapsody.com is also streaming two Testament albums, 1987’s classic The Legacy and the brand-new The Formation of Damnation, as well as an interview with vocalist Chuck Billy. Visit www.rhapsody.com/metal to check it out. Testament will be featured on Rhapsody.com until Wednesday, May 28.

Testament’s crushing new album, The Formation of Damnation, charted for the third week in a row, coming in at #162. The album debuted at #59 on the Billboard Top 200 two weeks ago. The Formation of Damnation is the band’s highest charting release in their 24-year history. Testament also continues to dominate the airwaves, coming in at #1 on both the FMQB and CMJ radio charts!

I'm just wondering, since MTV only broadcasts 30 to 60 sec clips of those clips online ..... have any of the songs actually been aired on tv in full at all?

In full, no... but clips of music play throughout various commercials, etc.!

I'm talking old and new stuff. It's pretty darn cool and trips me out :). I've been hearing Testament music on VH1, too.

You don't have to watch MTV "all day" to catch them. It "runs all day," so you're bound to hear/see something even if you're tuned in for 15-30 minutes.

Thanks for all the links (read: hard work) ms. anthrope! I really appreciate it as I don't have to waste time surfing for Testament info. I just wish those videos could be viewed outside the US. Can anybody post those videos on youtube?

The current videos (Alcatraz) can be viewed outside the US! Only the old music videos (greenhouse effect, return to serenity, nobody's fault etc.) can't due to copyright issues.

BTW, Ms. Anthrope, the new album isn't really "the band’s highest charting release in their 24-year history" as the information says, because "The Ritual" charted a little higher (#55), although it sold slightly less copies in the first week, but then it did better on the following weeks. Still, it's a great success for TestAmenT to place FOD on #59. Let's hope that with the MTV and radio exposure as well as with the videoclips coming it will continue to sell very well

I can watch them in Poland and I know many people outside the US can watch them too. Are you sure you're talking about the new Alcatraz videos, not the videoclips?

The reason why some content providers restrict their services to U.S. residents is mostly because they're ad-financed and try to avoid divergence/spreading loss.