Mudvayne

~Derek~

Sep 9, 2006
Tennessee
Do any of you like anything from Mudvayne? I used to love some of their more metal oriented stuff when I was younger, come to think of it I should probably pick up L.D. 50 sometime, sure it's Nu Metal, but it means a lot to me, it was basically the record that got me into Metal, Dig being the song that did. I still like Chad Gray's harsh vocals, they're good but I'm not quite sure what they're categorized, do you? Possibly a high growl with a bit of black metal rasp to it? They dont sound like typical metalcore/hardcore vocals. I don't like the direction the band has took, making albums that have more of a rock influence, less harsh vocals, less metallic influence, so I've basically given up on this band and their future music but I'll always check it out to see if the craziness of L.D. 50 has returned. I need to check out Hellyeah though, with Chad Gray on vocals and Vinnie Paul on the drums. But do any of you like anything at all from this band?

Whatever you do don't even bother with Hellyeah. The biggest fucking joke of a "Supergroup" to ever cash in. I actually like Mudvayne alot. LD 50 is definitely their best. The bassist has the most talent out of all the members. His jazz influences are sick!!!