Murderdolls/beyond The Valley Of The Murderdolls (i Like It)

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
I recently purchased the Murderdolls C.D. and I think its pretty good. Murderdolls is the side project of Joey Jordison(Slipknot drummer) and Tripp Eisen (Static-X guitarist). On the album, Joey plays drums, bass, and guitar (except for some leads) on all the tracks, but a live band has been assembled. To me, this band is tongue and cheek, brings fun back to Hard Rock, and are not to be taken seriously. Also, a big plus, THEY HAVE GUITAR SOLOS. The solos aren't like Jeff Loomis, John Petrucci, or Chuck Shuldiner, but more like Slash, Tracci Guns, and Joe Perry. I think this band sounds like a cross of early Motley Crue (Too Fast & Shout era), early Marilyn Manson, early Guns N' Roses(Appetite & Live Like A Suicide), White Zombie, and the Sex Pistols. They're nothing like Slipknot or Static-X (I dislike Slipknot, but like Static-X). The songs are inspired by Horror Movies or B Movies and titles include Slit My Wrist, 197666, Grave Robbing U.S.A., She Was A Teenage Zombie, Die My Bride, Twist My Sister, and my personal favorite Love At First Fright which is an ode to Linda Blair or "Regan" as she was known in the Exorcist. I'm sure not everyone will like this, but I was really surprised. Cheers.

heard it 2 days ago, sounded like a quic job, and they rip off verses off, and hooks off the silly bands...