Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
theresistance.jpg

THE RESISTANCE

------------------------------------------

1: UPRISING
2: RESISTANCE
3: UNDISCLOSED DESIRES
4: UNITED STATES OF EURASIA (+Collateral Damage)
5: GUIDING LIGHT
6: UNNATURAL SELECTION
7: MK ULTRA
8: I BELONG TO YOU (+Mon Coeur S'Ouvre A Ta Voix)
9: EXOGENESIS : SYMPHONY PART I (Overture)
10: EXOGENESIS : SYMPHONY PART II (Cross Pollination)
11: EXOGENESIS : SYMPHONY PART III (Redemption)

heard them talking about this on Triple J Monday or so and theysaid that they were going for a more orchestral/symphonic feel to it.
trying something new and moving away from the Euro-pop of the last album.

Muse are a good band and am interested to here what it will be like.

After first listen I really enjoy it. As I said, some moments of very Queen influenced stuff, much less guitar than previous albums and more symphonic. First impression is that it isn't as amazing as the previous 2 albums, but really, if it was any better, I would probably shit bricks. I look forward to further listening!

I really like it.
I think it is their coolest album yet.
Probably not as good as BH&R or Absolution as Blitz said but still great.
I only really hear the Queen thing on United States of Eurasia.... I hear a bit of System of a Down in there though.
Matt Bellamy is pretty good at this music thing....

They were pretty cool when I saw them late last year, I think it was, at Rod Laver. Quite a few tools in pink t-shirts in attendance though.

It might be too big. Muse could probably successfully play there with a couple of good support acts on a normal tour, but why bother putting on a massive spectacle of a gig when they are already playing the BDO? I think The Myer Music Bowl is more likely.

Side show for me anyways. The BDO announcement didn't deliver on the big names that were rumoured (Bowie, Placebo and Massive Attack), so Muse and Grinspoon sideshows will do me!

Muse, The Mars Volta and Mastodon are pretty handy inclusions. Looks like a better lineup than usual.