MUSE - The Resistance

No, the venue they use for the BDO is the Flemington Racecourse carpark. No, I am not kidding. Fucking ridiculous.

I have seen Mastodon a few times now, and sadly, I didn't rate the couple of times I saw them on this tour as well as when I saw them previously. Sucks, because their lastest album is incredible. The Mars Volta weren't bad when I saw them a few months ago, but the singer was an arsehole.

After a morning of extreme heat at the festival I saw them play, there was a brief but heavy downpour of rain in the afternoon, which happened to be when The Mars Volta were onstage. He was getting pretty pissed off that the crowd wasn't giving them as much attention as they would like, with many people putting their attention to the weather, trying to cover up, go buy ponchos etc, and had some nasty things to say about the crowds lack of response. It wasn't just one or two throw away comments either, he was pissed off and running his mouth between most songs. A real shame too, because musically I enjoyed them more than I expected, but can't get past that bad attitude, which there was no need for.

he did the same thing at the BDO a few years back and suffered for it as he was pelted with cans and booed off stage.

That was at the drive in not the mars volta. It was completly different too. The crowd was goin fucking batshit and people were getting seriously fucked up so they stopped the show to let the crush at the front be cleared. As soon as they started again the crod got worse so they stopped.

What a cunt, not letting people get killed in a moshpit.