Music and games

ragingsaxmachine

Blue Bomber
Feb 28, 2005
Houston
Weird topic, but I got to thinking...what video/computer games does certain metal music remind you of?

Quietus and Mother of Light by Epica sounds like it was stolen out of Chrono Cross

Arch Enemy's guitar solos off Doomsday Machine often sound not unsimilar to Megaman X, my favoritest game ever. :)

and of course
Dragonforce = NES metal.

Anything else?

The Black Mages remind me a lot of Final Fantasy. Could be the fact that its Uematsu's band playing prog-rock/metal renditions of his own FF musical compositions, either way its absolutely SICK. 2 keyboard players = Amazing.

Haha NES metal. Megaman has such AMAZING music. I have had songs from II stuck in my head for weeks now. I know I'm somewhat off topic, I just have to express my love for old nes music. Some of my all time favorite melodies come from nes classics. Some songs have all the elements of metal, but obviously couldn't feature the instrumentation. I want to put a shitload of them on a cd and just take the cd work and just bask in the warming glowing warming glow that is NES music! haha, cheers!!

oh hell dude, i innerlock my video games and my metal. my mood always corespond.

i mean oblivion/wow with blind guardian, and some dragonforce.
zelda with some elvenking or possibly freedom call and such.

well, really its more specific. for example, there may be a part in oblivion where i associate somewhere far beyond (album) by BG with,
and another area where i am put in the same mood that makes me want to listen to sonic firestorm (album) by DF.

i must, however, say that BG almost has an album or song(s) for every spot in every video game i play. :headbang:

Here's the weird thing... a lot of the low-sound-quality music from the 8-bit and 16-bit days has remained memorable to me over the years, but after that, once true CD-quality music, with real instruments began appearing in video games around 1994, not much has stood out to me.