Music DVD´s

tooled

Mar 22, 2003
Ok it´s about the time to let us know your favorite music dvd´s.. I´m listening / watching at the moment Alice In Chains Mtv Unplugged DVD and for fuck´s sake, I´m crying! AWESOME!!

Few more to see..

The Haunted - Caught on tape
Mudvayne - All acces to all things
Mudvayne - Live Dosage 50
Rage agaist the machine - battle of Mexico city
Superjoint ritual - Live at Dallas TX

NOW name your favorites..

I don't have that many music DVDs but here is a list Of bands I would like to see a DVD from.

Opeth- Another one with their older songs
Agalloch- Well Duh!!!!!
In The Woods-I know there not around anymore but they should get together one last time and make one.
Evergrey- Looking forward to it.
Anathema-Just ordered it today
Katatonia- Looking forward to it.
Novembers doom-Well Duh!!!!!!!
Novembre- They should make one as well
My Dying Bride- Would like to see a new one with them as well
Before The Dawn-properly not gonna happend.
Mercenary- Kick ass music.
Woods Of Ypres- Fantastic band.
Swallow the Sun-Very good also
Mar De Grises- Wonderful band
Farmakon-Just discovered you guys. Hope to see you in Denmark some day :D

The only music DVDs I've seen are:

Dimmu Borgir - World Misanthropy
Rotten Sound - Murderlive
Megadeth - Rude Awakening
Mokoma - Mokoma DVD

and one Mayhem DVD, I think it was "Live in Marseilles" or something like that. I was drunk when I saw it, but I remember they showed lots of Hellhammer, which was more than nice. I haven't found it in any of the local stores, and since I'm not sure of the title, ordering it from Amazon seems a bit iffy, since the music isn't anything special imo.

Of the ones I've seen, Mokoma takes the prize. Great sounds, great performance (Marko Annala is amazing!), and not too much "off-stage fooling around" material, but enough to show the Karelian sense of humour. :)

Rotten Sound's Murderlive has the best extras, in my opinion (three songs' worth of close-ups of Kai Hahto, and five drum solos).

edit:
I'd like to see the Modern Drummer Festival 2004 DVD. I'll order it once I have enough money (heh, might take a while with a student's budget). I have Modern Drummer Festival 2003 on computer (DivX), and it has some rather nifty stuff on it. Also, Marco Minnemann's and Thomas Lang's drum DVDs are surely worth buying.

I also have Mike Portnoy's "Liquid Drum Theatre" 2-disc DVD, but I don't count that as a music DVD.

Orchid said:
The only music DVDs I've seen are:

Dimmu Borgir - World Misanthropy
Rotten Sound - Murderlive
Megadeth - Rude Awakening
Mokoma - Mokoma DVD

and one Mayhem DVD, I think it was "Live in Marseilles" or something like that. I was drunk when I saw it, but I remember they showed lots of Hellhammer, which was more than nice. I haven't found it in any of the local stores, and since I'm not sure of the title, ordering it from Amazon seems a bit iffy, since the music isn't anything special imo.

Of the ones I've seen, Mokoma takes the prize. Great sounds, great performance (Marko Annala is amazing!), and not too much "off-stage fooling around" material, but enough to show the Karelian sense of humour. :)

Rotten Sound's Murderlive has the best extras, in my opinion (three songs' worth of close-ups of Kai Hahto, and five drum solos).

edit:
I'd like to see the Modern Drummer Festival 2004 DVD. I'll order it once I have enough money (heh, might take a while with a student's budget). I have Modern Drummer Festival 2003 on computer (DivX), and it has some rather nifty stuff on it. Also, Marco Minnemann's and Thomas Lang's drum DVDs are surely worth buying.

I also have Mike Portnoy's "Liquid Drum Theatre" 2-disc DVD, but I don't count that as a music DVD.
You should try Opeth DVD - Lamentations - just fucking unbelievable

I've seen:

Rottensound - Murderlive (Juuso just explained why)
Satyricon - Roadkill Extravaganza (More fucking around and less music, but enough still. My favourite so far.)
Metallica - Making of black album... (the second best i've seen)
Slayer - Live at the warfield or something... (it's ok)
Mayhem - Live in Marseilles? (Awful sounds...)
Dream Theater - Live Scenes (Ok, maybe a bit too theatrical for me.)
Mike Portnoy - Liquid Drum Theater (total shit, i learned nothing from this except that Mike Portnoy seems to be a complete idiot.)
Slipknot - Disasterpieces (a bit boring)
Mudvayne - The Beginning of endings to things that should not beorwhateva... (i was quite supprised to see James Hetfield at the corner of the stage)
Pantera - Vulgar videos or something?

Looks like i've been quite drunk every time i've seen a DVD.

Also i've partially seen Lamentations which seemed quite good, except the clean guitar sound was annoying.

I'd like to see DVD's from:
Emperor
Ephel Duath
Fantomas
Mr. Bungle
Arcturus
Nevermore
Borknagar
Decapitated
Devin Townsend
Forest Stream
Biomechanical