Music Visualisation that I gone and done for uni

Morgan C

MAX LOUD PRESETS¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 23, 2008
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Still a work-in-progress, so criticisms are welcome. Click the screen to move around the song. Click the words up the top to mute various sections.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/324723/Melo...etallica/Melody Chord Rhythm - Metallica.html

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/324723/MelodyChord&Rhythm/Sketch/Oasis/Melody Chord Rhythm - Oasis.html

Initially this was just the visualisation and moving around the song, but my tutor suggested being able to listen to the individual sections. Thank god for rock band multitracks.

I can't guarantee this will work on all browsers. It initially only worked on Firefox, but it seems to work on Chrome now too. Last time I tried it didn't work AT ALL on Safari, and partially worked on Mac Firefox - so if you're on Mac I'd suggest that.

If it skips, or the sections get out of time with each other (forcing 3 mp3's to play perfectly in time thru HTML is not easy), try waiting for the mp3's to load a bit more, then try again.

i just managed to put everything out of time with eachother

Yeah, I'm still coming up with a way to avoid this. Short of making new mp3's for every combination (melody+rhythm.mp3, melody+chord.mp3, melody.mp3), I can't figure out how. On all the computers I've tried it on (even on a tiny netbook), it's been fine once the mp3's have fully buffered. Give it a couple minutes, if it still doesn't work let me know because then I really have to fix it.

What are you using?

on mac/chrome combo, the metallica one works perfectly, the oasis one works ok but bit out of sync when I skipped further in the song, I can hear the drums eventhough it's just by a few ms.

Other thing, for me, the vertical bar is a bit late compared to the sound, by something like 5 pixels

It's cool anyway !

on mac/chrome combo, the metallica one works perfectly, the oasis one works ok but bit out of sync when I skipped further in the song, I can hear the drums eventhough it's just by a few ms.

Other thing, for me, the vertical bar is a bit late compared to the sound, by something like 5 pixels

It's cool anyway !

Great thanks. They're the exact same code, so it may just be that you were still buffering for the Oasis one.

I'll have another look at the bar thing, I struggled with getting it right. The code doesn't produce a pixel perfect visualisation in the first place, it's more of an estimate, but for most purposes I don't think it'll be a HUGE issue.