Music you used to listen to and now you cringe that you used to listen to it?

Pain of Salvation. BE & Scarsick are 2 of the most idiotic, ego filled albums ever made. They haven't really done anything relevant since The Perfect Element Pt.1.
i've only listened to their debut, but it gave me that same impression, and i don't even know exactly why. it just sounded to me like the band was trying so hard to sing about all these important themes of love and loss they seemed to know nothing about. and the commentary the band leader gives in interviews (i don't remember his name) makes him sound like one of those teenagers on a religion forum with a cool new theory about god.

what about a reverse? music you used to cringe to but now enjoy?

i used to hate st. anger but now enjoy it quite a bit. same with DT's awake.

The first few artists I was sadfully fond of were Mario Winnans (washed up R&B singer), Brittany lol.
I still listen to like Snoop and Dre from time to time, true rap is still pretty cool. Lame Indi like Kaiser Cheifs and the Feeling (if you like your legs don't go and see them live I swear to god, it's a 'stand-still' fest). It's because kids get sucked into mainstream music you know like your watching Power Rangers and during the adverts you got 'Now that's what I call music 78' advertised. When your 5 anything accosiated with Power Rangers is Awsome!?!?
Isn't the Power Rangers theme heavy metal?

I used to think the same about AC/DC, but then I lightened up. AC/DC is all about having fun.

I agree. Get the AC/DC out for barbecues and stuff - it's good time rock and roll to both enjoy and take the piss out of. Get mashed at a jam and you can write an AC/DC song in 30 seconds and shriek complete nonsensical crap into the mic in a Brian Johnson voice and it sounds like the real thing. Hilarious! Ah... the things you do when you're drunk.... :oops:

My first taste of rock was Status Quo. I loved it at 12 years old. Hell, as long as it gets you into some decent stuff eventually... we're all a product of our histories right?...

Anyone remember Saxon? She got WHEEEEELLLSS.... WHEELS OF STEEL!! :lol:

Well, I now officially can no longer stand Disillusion. LOOK PROGRESSIVE METAL ME SINGING THREE PART HARMONY WITH MYSELF AND TWO SYNTH LINES WITH AN ACOUSTIC STRUMMING PLUS RANDOM WHISPERING NOISES IN THE BACKGROUND AND BLEEP BLOOP SHIT, ALSO POWER CHORDS

Bleh.

Ha. There is very little that I can admit listening to that makes me cringe, but I often get cringes from other people when I have certain bands on. I was weaned on 1980s Shred music, such as everything on Shrapnel Records. I also dig guys like Reb Beach and George Lynch - That's when I get crap for listening to Winger or Dokken. I don't care. I still love a flashy solo and sappy power ballads.

Ha. There is very little that I can admit listening to that makes me cringe, but I often get cringes from other people when I have certain bands on. I was weaned on 1980s Shred music, such as everything on Shrapnel Records. I also dig guys like Reb Beach and George Lynch - That's when I get crap for listening to Winger or Dokken. I don't care. I still love a flashy solo and sappy power ballads.

Who that listens to Symphony X hasn't got through a Shrapnel Records phase? ;)

I like listening to and singing along to sappy power ballads.

I'm currently listening to this one a lot:

I'm really open to all kinds of music (no exceptions) so theres nothing I really cringe to when I hear it now a days.

Last edited by a moderator: