Musical Equipment of all sorts.

TravisW

Jul 24, 2002
Fargo, ND USA
Visit site
Okay, I remember there being a thread devoted to gear on here before---what the band was using anyway. At any rate, there was keyboard gear, drum gear, and bass gear mentioned...but nothing about guitar gear that I remember. Now, I'm quite aware that the boys have a certain love of Les Pauls and Marshalls, but what's all in the rig?

That aside, how about any musicians listing what they are currently using for musical equipment. Heck, we can discuss stuff that we don't have but merely want very badly.

Now, in order to set a good example for everybody else, I'll start by listing off what all I currently use.

Guitars:
1998 Peavey Wolfgang Special
1986/1987 Kramer Pacer/Focus Frankenstein guitar (the Vikings guitar, painted in a Minnesota Vikings motif---which guarantees great shame during a losing season)
1976 Conn Classical

Amps:
Peavey Ultra 120 w/Peavey 412m cabinet
Peavey Bandit

Effects:
Morley Volume/wah
MXR Phase 90
old nasty Axtron chorus
Ibanez Delay
Dan-Echo Delay
Boss Digital Delay
Apollo (Shin-ei) Fuzz/Wah (for sale)
Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus (for sale)
Alesis Nanocompressor (for sale)

But, as it goes, what I really would like to pick up is a new Marshall TSL 60. I don't need a zillion watts of power, and those sound really nice to my ears. There's also a Jackson Y2KV (Dave Mustaine model) that I think I like a bit too much.

Okay, somebody else's turn...

Set:
Starion 5 Piece starter set:cry: Its all i could afford....
Added one of my dad's Ludwig toms so I could have a 6 piece:D

Cymbals:
14in. Zildjian Hi-hats (sp?)
16in, 18in Zildjian Crashes
19in Zildjian China
16in off-brand crash
20in Zidjian Ride
10in Splash

Hardware:
Gibralter Prowler Double Pedal
Pearl, Ludwig, Starion, Sonar stands..

Oh yeah....some cheap heads but they sound OK

My dads set is so much better but you asked for my gear....;)

My equipment:

Guitar: Ibanez - S270 (black)
Effects: Everything in the compressor + metalzone, stereo chorus and a digital delay box..
Amp: Marshall Valvestate 100
Bass: GSR 200
Synth: Korg Karma
Soundcard: Delta 10/10
Monitors: Genelec 1029A
Preamp and compressor for Mic: Bluemax and Bluetube
Mic: Røde NT1
V-amp compressor for guitar
Cubase 5.1.
Wavelab 4.0
Fruityloops
++++++
I don't have time to list anymore... have to go to school.
Cheers.

Futhark----how do you like the NT1? For vocals, we are now using a Studio Projects mic (the C1), which I like a lot----the large-diaphragm condenser seems to take some of the nasal qualities out of my voice. Do you have any recordings online?

For some reason, it seems like the theme song to a TV show about three Spanish college students stranded in a small fishing village in Iceland, and all the hilarious hijinx that come to pass...catchy like that.

:)

I play through:

Marcus Miller Jazz bass in natural wood, made in japan

BC Rich Ironbird made in the U.S,an R on the headstock with custom BC Rich p style pickups at the neck and bridge, flamed top maple in black with white binding

Crate B100

I only use delay as all other effects on bass ruin the sound of my either of my basses,

Does anyone here know about a good guitar-processor/preamp that gives a very cool "metal sound" in studio..

You know a box were you may just plug in your guitar add effects chose cabinet,effects and amp and than lead the signal stereo in to your mixingboard/soundcard and record??

I use a Korg AX1000G. It has the features you describe. I can record to my HD this way. But it's not meant as a computer amp per se (like a POD, for instance).

cool. i'm always into gear talk... :cool:

my gear:

Guitars
*Ibanez RG7620
*Ibanez S540
*Ibanez RG560
*Ibanez RX40
*Ibanez GSX70
*Fender American Std Telecaster
*Gibson Les Paul Studio GEM

Due February 2003: PRS McCarty

Amp
*Peavey Ultra Plus + Fender Tone Master cab (4X12, V-30s)
*Marshall DSL 401

since the acquisition of my Peavey, i only have a need for an Ibanez Tube Screamer pedal. :D

The Peavey Ultra Plus is a great high-gain amp----extremely versatile. I used mine in a country/rock band (we covered everything from Johnny Cash to Megadeth) and it worked well enough on everything.

That's what i thought too about the Ultra Plus. I was scouting around for a good head with lots of honest gain, the Ultra Plus was what i picked- over its more celebrated siblings the Triple XXX & the 5150.

My PRS which was scheduled to arrive in February is here early. the Ultra Plus + my PRS is a lethal combo. many people raved about the PRS McCarty being the ultimate vintage machine but i have another opinion. with proper high gain it's easily the best modern toned guitar ever.