Mustaine Went ESP

MetalHeadMarc

Dark Lord of the Sith
Sep 7, 2002
Tallahassee, FL
Visit site
I don't know if any of you guys read Guitar World (they do have some cool stuff in there somtimes) but this month's issue has an interview with Dave the man Mustaine. Its a great interview for those who haven't read it (go get the issue, it also has the history of thrash in it) One of the things they talk about is Mustaine reason's for leaving Jackson. I mean aside from Randy the man Rhoads, Dave pretty much carried the Jackson Flag. The thing was is that the company would go for sale and Dave would try to buy it but then they'd change their mind and not sale it. They did this several times but the last time they put it up for sale Dave talked to them and was in the process of arranging to buy it but Jackson fucked their long time friend over and sold their company to Fender. Dave decided to go to another company and now he has his own V from ESP and its badass.

So Dave was going to buy Jackson? That would have been so much better then having it owned by fucking fender. I hate fender and now I can hate Jackson along with them.

ESP did the same thing with children of bodom, and just built them custom guitars that were exactly like the Jackson's that were stolen. Good for Dave I say, now lets here some more ass kickin speed metal.

Old news. Jackson was actually owned by Akai since the early 90's and Akai tried selling it on several occations. It was pretty cool that Dave tried to buy them, but apparently his offers weren't good enough.

But seriously, when was the last time Dave played speed metal? And I'm sure his ESP plays great, but one thing's for sure: It looks like crap. I'd take any old import Jackson V over that hideous thing. Look at that pickguard. What's next? Surf green and salmon finishes?

'bane

yeah fender is really a shitty company as far as supporting new acts and such...gotta give esp credit.

jackson was a good company back in the day...and i personally like to keep my guitars US made...but i'm gaining more and more respect for esp.

i really think PRS's make excellent metal guitars its just too bad they've become the 'nu-' shitty metal icon now.

Fender is doing a pretty damn good job at keeping the Jackson brand true....

ESP are nice guitars, but Dave's sig guitar sucks... I'd take my custom KV over any one of his new ESPSs any day of the year...

Some of the PRS I've played are pretty nice, but they're "collectors" pieces, and they're just not worth the money. I can get 2 USA Jackson custom shops for one of the new high end PRS, and I wouldn't even need to think twice about that one...

As for Dave? He's over the hill. He might have been Jackson's largest endorser, but most guitarists who play Jacksons don't play them cause they get them for free, most endorsers have to pay for them like anyone else, and they do it because they love the guitars... ESP and Ibanez both pay their endorsers well with free guitars and ca$h.